Make Wiki Great Again
(06-25-2019, 04:51 PM)GRATS Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 03:59 PM)Luke Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 03:43 PM)GRATS Wrote: If you try to login to the wiki with 'GRATS' it says my user doesn't exist, you say in your post I should be able to?

It absolutely should. Interesting. Let me ping @fire219 - he may have an insight into why you're encountering the issue.
I assume you've cleared cache, cookies, and danced around the tottempole for 2min and nothing worked?

https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php?title=...=Main+Page

Is this the right place to login?
Just put "GRATS" in there and any random password it says 
Quote:Login error

There is no user by the name "GRATS". Check your spelling.

Yea, just checked, something is not right. Will have to investigate. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(06-25-2019, 04:51 PM)GRATS Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 03:59 PM)Luke Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 03:43 PM)GRATS Wrote: If you try to login to the wiki with 'GRATS' it says my user doesn't exist, you say in your post I should be able to?

It absolutely should. Interesting. Let me ping @fire219 - he may have an insight into why you're encountering the issue.
I assume you've cleared cache, cookies, and danced around the tottempole for 2min and nothing worked?

https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php?title=...=Main+Page

Is this the right place to login?
Just put "GRATS" in there and any random password it says 
Quote:Login error

There is no user by the name "GRATS". Check your spelling.

I have made a change behind the scenes -- try logging in to the wiki now.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

Doesn't work for me, does it work for you when you try my username?
Sorry for late reply I am busy irl =[
I plan to do some wiki updates for the pinebook pro and things I do or figure out, so not really a rush, I don't have the other pine boards (though I've watched them for almost 2 years now)
Thanks for thje information.
Hi. @Luke @fire219 

What is the best way to use external pictures in the Wiki?
I have written a getting started article for Pinetime with a lot of Picture links from the Internet.

When I see the Wiki-Help it seems that you need to upload all the pictures and only then you can show them inline?
The pictures are not mine and although I am happy to link to them I don't know if we can just copy them?

Is there a way to show external pictures in the Wiki text ?
(01-29-2020, 03:53 PM)Surehand53 Wrote: Hi. @Luke @fire219 

I have written a getting started article for Pinetime with a lot of Picture links from the Internet.

When I see the Wiki-Help it seems that you need to upload all the pictures and only then you can show them inline?
The pictures are not mine and although I am happy to link to them I don't know if we can just copy them?

Good question! I always upload images. I think that end-users can also upload images at will, as long as the images are under 2MB if I remember correctly.
Indeed, @fire219 may know better than I what is the best / correct way to link or embed imgur etc., pictures into a wiki page.
Also, great job!
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

This is the article. Nothing ground breaking and it needs a bit of love, but a start:
https://absolute-beginner.netlify.com/po...-pinetime/
(01-29-2020, 05:06 PM)Luke Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 03:53 PM)Surehand53 Wrote: Hi. @Luke @fire219 

Good question! I always upload images. I think that end-users can also upload images at will, as long as the images are under 2MB if I remember correctly.
Indeed, @fire219 may know better than I what is the best / correct way to link or embed imgur etc., pictures into a wiki page.
Also, great job!

It looks like a setting to allow hotlinked images could be enabled, but I'm not convinced it's a great idea -- the wiki for the Wikimedia software has explanations for that.

It's also usually not good wiki etiquette to fill a page full of tons of pictures. You could upload the pictures that are most important to our wiki, or just use normal text links to those pictures.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

I did a write up on my adventures with the clusterboard...specifically running Fedora 32 on the sopine boards. How could I contribute to the "linux on sopine" wiki page?

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=9902
(05-25-2020, 10:05 PM)revoman Wrote: I did a write up on my adventures with the clusterboard...specifically running Fedora 32 on the sopine boards.  How could I contribute to the "linux on sopine" wiki page?

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=9902

Thanks on sharing your clusterboard experience. You can use your forum user id and password login to wiki, and contribute to SOPine wiki page.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine64 wiki capatcha nixcamic 0 1,117 02-05-2022, 11:38 PM
Last Post: nixcamic
  Is it possible to make a cluster Sophine crypto unit? Omnios 2 2,123 11-20-2021, 06:24 AM
Last Post: ryo
  Recent changes to the Pine64 wiki dsimic 4 4,021 04-22-2021, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Daniel972
  Please make the laptop of my dreams! :D DraxDomax 6 6,289 02-03-2021, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Gotomaer
  unable to make or receive calls jba32409 3 4,789 12-22-2020, 03:21 AM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity
  Wiki and file uploads dsimic 7 7,771 12-16-2020, 08:46 AM
Last Post: dsimic
  just got blocked on wiki.pine64.org dieselnutjob 11 10,044 10-10-2020, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Avamander
Thumbs Up Received my PBP today—fast service, looks & feels great! mhill8 0 1,938 08-27-2020, 09:32 PM
Last Post: mhill8
  Locked out of wiki after changing skin. pizzalovingnerd 2 3,788 07-07-2020, 12:13 AM
Last Post: pizzalovingnerd
  wiki inaccessible bitstreamvera 4 6,054 10-02-2018, 02:51 PM
Last Post: SirSkorpan