SATA?
(06-20-2016, 11:32 AM)simonritchie Wrote: The solid state disk is meant to connect via a USB3 connection. Connecting via USB2 slows it down significantly. I look forward to a future version of the Pine64 with USB3 ports.
Such future Pine64 would need a new SoC, because Allwinner A64 does not have native SATA and only supports USB 2.0. It is not possible for the Pine64 team to fix this in any other way.

But as far as a high performance storage media is concerned, a fast eMMC may be a usable alternative. The Allwinner A64 SoC has a pretty decent eMMC support according to the A64 manual.
(12-22-2015, 09:02 AM)Groupers Wrote: Any chance there will be a SATA version at some point or a SATA add-on board? Even 1.5Gbps would be acceptable.

The Banana Pi has SATA.  Whether it is a kludge or real, I don't know.  I am surprised that Pine doesn't at least have plans.
(01-04-2017, 09:51 AM)skenn_ie Wrote:
(12-22-2015, 09:02 AM)Groupers Wrote: Any chance there will be a SATA version at some point or a SATA add-on board? Even 1.5Gbps would be acceptable.

The Banana Pi has SATA.  Whether it is a kludge or real, I don't know.  I am surprised that Pine doesn't at least have plans.

A HAT-board with SATA plugs would be sweet, but I doubt the board could supply power to disks. There are GPIO ports aplenty, so I guess dedication and interest should be enough for someone to make one.
(01-04-2017, 09:51 AM)skenn_ie Wrote:

As SSVB mentioned, the A64 doesn't have the native SATA port. if you plan to use SATA drive, just use the USB to SATA cable and serve you the same purpose.