Cannot detect keyboard
I have tried to build the pine64 image by using the steps given in https://github.com/longsleep/build-pine64-image with kernel 3.10 from BSP not the mainline kernel. I can reach the login page but cant use the keyboard.

I have compare the syslog generated from the downloaded image and my image, found the differences as follows:

Log generated from downloaded image:
[Image: iSvREoXl.png]

Log from my image:
[Image: hr3LZDYl.png]

Any ideas on this? Huh
(04-12-2016, 08:31 PM)dragoon Wrote: I have tried to build the pine64 image by using the steps given in https://github.com/longsleep/build-pine64-image with kernel 3.10 from BSP not the mainline kernel. I can reach the login page but cant use the keyboard. Any ideas on this?  [Image: huh.png]

I tried to move your thread to the Linux General section so that it might get noticed quicker and since it applies specifically to Linux, but see you have re-posted it here, which is totally up to you. Hope someone can provide you with an answer soon Smile
(04-12-2016, 08:34 PM)SkairkrohBule Wrote:
(04-12-2016, 08:31 PM)dragoon Wrote: I have tried to build the pine64 image by using the steps given in https://github.com/longsleep/build-pine64-image with kernel 3.10 from BSP not the mainline kernel. I can reach the login page but cant use the keyboard. Any ideas on this?  [Image: huh.png]

I tried to move your thread to the Linux General section so that it might get noticed quicker and since it applies specifically to Linux, but see you have re-posted it here, which is totally up to you. Hope someone can provide you with an answer soon Smile

I thought i posted in wrong category...   Big Grin
(04-12-2016, 08:42 PM)dragoon Wrote:

Hehe, nope. Do you want me to move it to Linux General, or are you happy here?
(04-12-2016, 08:51 PM)SkairkrohBule Wrote:

Ok.. appreciate that! Thanks..
(04-12-2016, 08:58 PM)dragoon Wrote:

I tried to move your thread to the Linux General section so that it might get noticed quicker and since it applies specifically to Linux, but see you have re-posted it here (General Discussion) which is totally up to you. Hope someone can provide you with an answer soon Smile

Ok, moved. Hope you get help with your issue soon Smile

By the way, have you tried several different keyboards, or just one? Also, how does the keyboard connect to the Pine? (USB, Bluetooth, etc)
(04-12-2016, 09:06 PM)SkairkrohBule Wrote:
(04-12-2016, 08:58 PM)dragoon Wrote:
(04-12-2016, 08:34 PM)SkairkrohBule Wrote: I tried to move your thread to the Linux General section so that it might get noticed quicker and since it applies specifically to Linux, but see you have re-posted it here (General Discussion) which is totally up to you. Hope someone can provide you with an answer soon Smile

Ok, moved. Hope you get help with your issue soon Smile

By the way, have you tried several different keyboards, or just one? Also, how does the keyboard connect to the Pine? (USB, Bluetooth, etc)

I just tried one keyboard cause it can be detected by using the downloaded xenial image. Forgot to mention that it is USB keyboard.
What is the brand and model of the keyboard? Does it work in other Linux computer without issues?

I know the longsleep kernel do not have all the usb drivers compiled in, this includes few missing keyboard drivers. But generic usb keyboards should work. I had no problem with mine.
(04-28-2016, 04:27 PM)baryluk Wrote: What is the brand and model of the keyboard? Does it work in other Linux computer without issues?

I know the longsleep kernel do not have all the usb drivers compiled in, this includes few missing keyboard drivers. But generic usb keyboards should work. I had no problem with mine.

I try several USB keyboards and works.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pre-Configure Wifi on Pine64 without Keyboard/mouse bortek 4 7,464 01-23-2017, 02:04 PM
Last Post: bortek