Releases and Pre-Releases (Read this before posting!)
Exclamation 
There are two different "development status types" of OS images available from ayufan on his GitHub; Releases and Pre-Releases (examples in attached pictures).

Releases are end-user and production ready OS images that are deemed stable.
In contrast, Pre-Releases are OS images that are in a not stable, are meant for testing, and frequently may not even boot.

Unless you wish to help with testing and/or development, or accept the risk associated with running an alpha image, please always use OS images lableled Release for your use-case.

Release

[Image: MoBHXCx.png]

Pre-Release
[Image: 9I6zahe.png]
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Thumbs Up 
Great writeup Luke!

In addition to what you have mentioned, the easiest way to find latest 'release' image is to use the following URLs :
Following these links will automatically redirect you to the build currently tagged 'release'.
(06-30-2018, 03:14 PM)Luke Wrote: There are two different "development status types" of OS images available from ayufan on his GitHub; Releases and Pre-Releases (examples in attached pictures).

In contrast, Pre-Releases are OS images that are in a not stable, are meant for testing, and frequently may not even boot.
Hi Luke,

I read your  post regarding
Hi Luke

Perhaps you could give a list of those "RELEASE" quality images for the Rockpro64 that  that will actually boot reliably AND reach a usable login in prompt!

The only image that I have found to boot and will reach the login prompt, (sometimes)  is the:-

bionic-minimal-rockpro64-0.6.44-239-armhf.img

I would like to be able to boot an image with X enabled eg:-

bionic-lxde-rockpro64-0.6.44-239-arm64.img       But that does nothing, and will not start to boot.

BTW the 7.1 Android image runs  so my SBC card is not bust! 

I have also prepared my emmc card using the adroid tool. .   I have written   the bionic mimimal to the emmc card which boots, but I cannot boot any other image from the emmc card.

Is there any bootable Linux desktop image at this time?

I still have no better success with the pre release series of images either.

I am not happy that I am writing the images on my numerous sd cards correctly. I ALWAYS  get the following error:-

Starting with a good clean SD card formatted ok, I write the image, using DD, etcher or Mint Usb image writer,  However after writing the card, none of my Linux boxes can mount the Linux root file system on the sd card, although the boot partition mounts ok. If I try to look at the sd card using gparted, it complains that the backup GPT table is not at the end of the disk as it should be. Gparted will not proceed until I click on fix in the error box and clear the GPT table error. GParted can then show the various partitions written to the card.

However I  still cannot mount the sd card because of this error:-

[22495.593374]  sdb: sdb1 sdb2 sdb3 sdb4 sdb5 sdb6 sdb7
[22495.594838] sd 22:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI removable disk
[22498.069874] JBD2: Unrecognised features on journal
[22498.069879] EXT4-fs (sdb7): error loading journal
[22499.068874] FAT-fs (sdb6): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.
[22502.428643] JBD2: Unrecognised features on journal
[22502.428648] EXT4-fs (sdb7): error loading journal

I have writen hundreds of image file onto sd cards for various SBC's and the rockpro images are the ONLY ones that have ever shown this error:-

I have raised this as a bug on github, but  have had no reply.

Years ago, I worked in the system support group at DEC, we had an old KA20 mainframe in our lab, with 20 plus 6 foot cabs with huge wire wrap backplanes and thousands of small plug in modules. We called this sysem "PILLSBURY"  after the Pilsbury dough man and their packs of flakey pastry, because it had so many intermittent problems.   I am thinking of changing the system name of my RockPro64 to Pilsbury2  !

regards

Patrick
Patrick, for RPro64 its too early for 'release quality' OS images; as for images that will boot ... sure, I had no issues booting some of the pre-releases on the RPro64. They all have/ had issues however.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-02-2018, 10:39 AM)superpat Wrote: I am thinking of changing the system name of my RockPro64 to Pilsbury2  !

regards

Patrick
Pine64 makes hardware. It's a tinker board waiting on the community for software. We are the community.
Patrick, for RPro64 its too early for 'release quality' OS images; as for images that will boot ... sure, I had no issues booting some of the pre-releases on the RPro64. They all have/ had issues however.
(07-02-2018, 09:28 AM)superpat Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 03:14 PM)Luke Wrote: There are two different "development status types" of OS images available from ayufan on his GitHub; Releases and Pre-Releases (examples in attached pictures).

Hi Luke,

Hi Mr. Luke 

Can you tell me the releases OS images
(08-18-2023, 09:25 AM)andrewmate3 Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 09:28 AM)superpat Wrote:

Hi Luke,

Hi Mr. Luke 

Can you tell me the releases OS images

hi friend
Please can you told the releases OS images.youtubevanced

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article: Read NuttX Sensor Data with Zig (PineCone BL602) lupyuen 0 691 07-28-2022, 08:05 PM
Last Post: lupyuen