Production defects
(06-19-2018, 02:16 PM)dkryder Wrote: my guess is there is no QC pass sticker [with initials] on this unit.

(06-19-2018, 04:53 PM)mmatyas Wrote: You are right, there was no QC sticker to find on the board at delivery

er, have there ever been QC stickers on pine64 boards? 'cause I don't ever remember seeing any on any of the boards I've received - pre-production or retail. From some commentary I've seen on the IRC chat from shortly after the rock64 was released I know they do do basic boot tests to make sure the boards are alive, but how extensive the tests are I don't know.

And there were definitely issues with the board as far as not being production ready... having to remove a resistor to get a PCIe voltage regulator enabled, swapped pinout on the IR receiver, who knows what else! Hopefully nothing major.
Hi

I have just looked at my pcb with a microscope. Unable to take pictures my board is marked Rockpro64 V2.0 2018-04-11

I have  a similar modification, BUT SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT!

The larger fawn colured SMD is not fitted or has been removed, but the smaller black SMD has been turned 90 downwards and is soldered to the lower pad same as yours.

So THIS IS A MOD NOT A SOLDERING COCKUP.

cheers

Patrick
(06-20-2018, 03:32 AM)superpat Wrote: The larger fawn colured SMD is not fitted or has been removed, but the smaller black SMD has been turned 90 downwards and is soldered to the lower pad same as yours.

That means your and my boards are exactly the same Patrick... the capacitor has been removed/not fitted, and the resistor turned. Wink Good to know! Smile
There is QC - at least for the Rock64. They even got a nifty hat that attaches to the GPIO that goes through different functions. The boards also get inspected visually.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Except first two ROCKPro64 board are hand solder to initial testing prepare for pilot production, all ROCKPro84 boards are factory production build, machine pick and place and wave solder. These two hand solder ROCKPro64 boards didn't leave the engineer lab. The only early hand solder engineering board that leave engineer lab is a  rev 1 board and currently with ayufan. The May batch board is rev 2.0 board and the current in production batch is rev 2.1 board.
(06-20-2018, 05:08 PM)tllim Wrote: the current in production batch is rev 2.1 board

Are there any other major changes other than fixing the pinout for the IR receiver and dropping that resistor on the PCIe power path? When do you think the v2.1 schematics will be released?
(06-21-2018, 02:00 AM)pfeerick Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 05:08 PM)tllim Wrote: the current in production batch is rev 2.1 board

Are there any other major changes other than fixing the pinout for the IR receiver and dropping that resistor on the PCIe power path? When do you think the v2.1 schematics will be released?

The version 2.1 schematic will be released on July 12-15 once board roll out form production. For schematic point of view, v2.0 and v2.1 are almost the same.
my m.2 adapter was missing the screw in post and screw to lock down the drive.