Splash But No Login After Low Battery
My battery was almost fully discharged yesterday. Today, after 2hours charge time, I get the Pinebook splash, a flicker, then nothing.

Any thoughts on how to recover form this? I'm in the process of prepping another SD to test the machine, but don't want to have to do a full re-install if I can avoid it. Can I access the update scripts from an SD boot and see if that brings things back to life?

*Interestingly Linux finger magic (Alt+SysRq with r, e, i, s, u, b) will still trigger a reboot from that blank screen, so there's some bit of OS in place to interact with…
So, '/home' was not mounting (my home directory is on a micro SD card) due to a bad block or a checksum error. I can't swear that it occurred when I tried to boot with a low battery or whatever, but it's possible. I've had discs fail in the past, and it doesn't usually look like a single bad block/number that's so easily fixed as this was.

'fsck.ext4 -vy [/path/to/card]' and a reboot, I'm back in business.
How did you manage to get to a command prompt in this condition? I have the same problem, but it's been over a year since this happened so I don't recall the exact cause of this.
(05-06-2018, 06:39 PM)calcmandan Wrote: How did you manage to get to a command prompt in this condition? I have the same problem, but it's been over a year since this happened so I don't recall the exact cause of this.

I had to check/repair the card on a second machine.

Alternatively, I suppose I might have booted from a secondary card and either temporarily commented out the fstab line that points to the device on which /home is located... or reflashed the eMMC (all my settings being preserved on the card, I'd be back up and running minus a few apps once I set up the fstab again).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Display battery charge value with LXDE and lxpanel wlad 1 4,769 12-04-2019, 03:36 AM
Last Post: pnts-se
  Improve the life of your Pinebook battery by setting charger's voltage limits wlad 0 2,724 06-11-2019, 02:27 PM
Last Post: wlad
  How can I reliably get battery status on pinebook tillea 5 8,488 06-11-2019, 10:10 AM
Last Post: wlad
  Battery Status in Bionic X-Istence 3 4,891 03-11-2019, 03:52 PM
Last Post: soupbowl
  .bashrc to show battery percentage at prompt e-minguez 1 2,980 03-05-2019, 07:03 PM
Last Post: PatrickM
  Battery drained while turned off amentis 6 7,419 07-17-2018, 02:38 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
Information i3wm xenial-i3 introduction -- mate terminal & battery monitor MarkHaysHarris777 4 6,853 08-31-2017, 04:47 AM
Last Post: shirman