Nvidia Linux-32bit ARM drivers on Rock64 Pro
Hi,
has anyone of you tried to run Nvidia drivers for "Linux-32bit ARM" for GeForce cards on Rock64 Pro?

Kind regards,
Grzegorz
It would be a bit hard to since it hasn't even been released yet (assuing I had one of those cards)! :-P
(04-19-2018, 03:15 AM)gbajson Wrote: Hi,
has anyone of you tried to run Nvidia drivers for "Linux-32bit ARM" for GeForce cards on Rock64 Pro?

Kind regards,
Grzegorz

I just saw the pre-order page on AmeriDroid, after seeing the PCI-E slot the Very first thing that came to my mind was putting a Nvidia card in there. :p
I'm sure most people will use that slot for network or storage adapters, I want to run a video card in it. :p
However the only place that I have seen any reference using Nvidia drivers under a ARM environment is under the Nvidia Tegra and Jetson type environment.
I have one Nvidia Jetson TK1 which I have screwed up several times now and haven't gotten much use out of it, I am waaay more successful with SBC's that have removable
EMMC modules like the Rock64 and the Odroid's, considering that I'm just a enthusiast who reeeally likes tiny SBC computers, and just uses these darn things as tiny desktop computers,
even though I really want a Nvidia TX1 and TX2, their cost and my inability to successfully operate my TK1, I never tried purchasing one of those little monsters.
(Besides several online discussions constantly reminding people that the TX1 and TX2 are NOT designed to be ran like a regular ARM based desktop computer just for playing games)
With that being said... I really don't know how much work has actually been done regarding a Nvidia driver for the common ARM environment that matches the ease of use
that most people are used to on regular Linux 32bit and 64bit desktop environments?
I am confident that there is a Nvidia driver for ARM server and development environments, but I would expect it to be very specific to certain Nvidia chips, like the one embeded in the TX2...
Can somebody correct me on this? Is there a mature Nvidia driver for ARM that will work with most Nvidia cards, like a GTX 980ti or a GTX 1070?
I believe this is not possible because only 32MB of RAM is addressable over the PCIe bus.
(06-11-2018, 12:30 PM)fysa Wrote: I believe this is not possible because only 32MB of RAM is addressable over the PCIe bus.

Maximum of 4GiB with 32-bit physical memory addressing, NOT 32MB

A good explanation can be found at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8869...it-machine
My bad on the last post... confusing CPU addressable RAM vs. PCI-E addressable RAM. Currently reading up on that topic.
(05-26-2018, 11:18 AM)MobileJAD Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 03:15 AM)gbajson Wrote: Hi,

Kind regards,
Grzegorz

I just saw the pre-order page on AmeriDroid, after seeing the PCI-E slot the Very first thing that came to my mind was putting a Nvidia card in there. :p
I'm sure most people will use that slot for network or storage adapters, I want to run a video card in it. :p
However the only place that I have seen any reference using Nvidia drivers under a ARM environment is under the Nvidia Tegra and Jetson type environment.
I have one Nvidia Jetson TK1 which I have screwed up several times now and haven't gotten much use out of it, I am waaay more successful with SBC's that have removable
EMMC modules like the Rock64 and the Odroid's, considering that I'm just a enthusiast who reeeally likes tiny SBC computers, and just uses these darn things as tiny desktop computers,
even though I really want a Nvidia TX1 and TX2, their cost and my inability to successfully operate my TK1, I never tried purchasing one of those little monsters.
(Besides several online discussions constantly reminding people that the TX1 and TX2 are NOT designed to be ran like a regular ARM based desktop computer just for playing games)
With that being said... I really don't know how much work has actually been done regarding a Nvidia driver for the common ARM environment that matches the ease of use
that most people are used to on regular Linux 32bit and 64bit desktop environments?
I am confident that there is a Nvidia driver for ARM server and development environments, but I would expect it to be very specific to certain Nvidia chips, like the one embeded in the TX2...
Can somebody correct me on this? Is there a mature Nvidia driver for ARM that will work with most Nvidia cards, like a GTX 980ti or a GTX 1070?

If not. There will be, because I just bought a few for that purpose.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone try an NVIDIA GPU in the PCIe slot? Paraplegic Racehorse 0 1,702 04-15-2021, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Paraplegic Racehorse
  RockPro64 & Rock64 operating temperature range skiba88 0 2,090 09-20-2020, 02:44 PM
Last Post: skiba88
Question Which Linux builds enable hardware accelaration? ACE3CGL 1 2,952 07-26-2020, 09:36 AM
Last Post: xmixahlx
  screen reader Orca on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic LXDE Desktop 32bit bluciano 0 1,952 05-07-2020, 03:31 AM
Last Post: bluciano
  Linux reboot command dont' restart davide.duca 2 4,091 03-11-2020, 03:15 PM
Last Post: dukla2000
  ROCKPRO64 suitable for experimenting with custom NVMe drivers? spirom 2 3,978 05-14-2019, 01:18 PM
Last Post: axelf
  Thoughts on Linux OS vs Just Enough Linux Media Boxes buzzmarshall 1 2,607 03-25-2019, 10:29 PM
Last Post: odhinnhrafn
  7″ LCD Pine64 touch screen + RockPro64 + Linux Impact 0 2,979 02-07-2019, 04:03 AM
Last Post: Impact
  Camera support for linux image in rockpro64 rahulsharma 1 2,943 01-26-2019, 09:48 AM
Last Post: anykey
  Wifi drivers pececitozipi 5 7,604 11-21-2018, 07:14 AM
Last Post: BackWoodsTech