RESET and PWR_ON pins
I'd like to be able to provide physical switches to reset and power up/down individual SOPINE modules in the clusterboard and I'm guessing that the RESET and PWR_ON pins on the 20 pin header next to each module could be used for this?

I would guess that tying RESET to GND would reset the associated SOPINE module, and that tying PWR_ON to VCC will boot-up the module, but these are just guesses Smile

I'm sifting through the various documentation to determine exactly what these do and how to use them, but if any of you happen to know if these pins can be used for these purposes (and how) please share Smile
(04-13-2018, 10:33 AM)jgullickson Wrote: I'd like to be able to provide physical switches to reset and power up/down individual SOPINE modules in the clusterboard and I'm guessing that the RESET and PWR_ON pins on the 20 pin header next to each module could be used for this?

I would guess that tying RESET to GND would reset the associated SOPINE module, and that tying PWR_ON to VCC will boot-up the module, but these are just guesses Smile

I'm sifting through the various documentation to determine exactly what these do and how to use them, but if any of you happen to know if these pins can be used for these purposes (and how) please share Smile

yes, the RESET and POWER pins on the 20 pins header can be used.
(04-15-2018, 09:06 PM)tllim Wrote:
(04-13-2018, 10:33 AM)jgullickson Wrote: I'd like to be able to provide physical switches to reset and power up/down individual SOPINE modules in the clusterboard and I'm guessing that the RESET and PWR_ON pins on the 20 pin header next to each module could be used for this?

Cool, thanks for confirming that @tllim.

Could you provide any additional details?  What I'm looking for what the pins should be connected to (PWR, GND, etc.) in order to trigger reset, power up/down, etc.

Thanks!
(04-16-2018, 07:54 AM)jgullickson Wrote:

Could you provide any additional details?  What I'm looking for what the pins should be connected to (PWR, GND, etc.) in order to trigger reset, power up/down, etc.

Thanks!
The Clusterboard 20 pins header definition just provied on PINE64 wiki page and here is the link: http://files.pine64.org/doc/clusterboard...header.jpg
(04-16-2018, 07:54 AM)jgullickson Wrote:

Thanks!

Hi,

Both to GND

It's like an ACPI button.. you need to connect PWR to GND for ~6 seconds if it's in ON state to turn it OFF else it sends a IRQ to the OS.
Turning it ON is ~2 seconds to GND.
(07-27-2018, 03:27 PM)paradise Wrote: Hi,

Both to GND

It's like an ACPI button.. you need to connect PWR to GND for ~6 seconds if it's in ON state to turn it OFF else it sends a IRQ to the OS.

Hi,

If you power down the sopine module with this method, can this slot be hot swap (i.e.- removing and replacing a sopine module) while the rest of the board is powered on?
(08-01-2018, 05:19 PM)pixrken Wrote:
(07-27-2018, 03:27 PM)paradise Wrote: Hi,

Both to GND

Hi,

If you power down the sopine module with this method, can this slot be hot swap (i.e.- removing and replacing a sopine module) while the rest of the board is powered on?

I hot swap nodes ON or OFF but yes. no problem have done it more then 50 times no problem.  Big Grin
Just try and plug in and remove as straight as possible.

The led does seem to have problem when you insert and remove a node many times... so be careful. (didn't check but I suspect it gets loose when touching the plastic bracket thingy)