HW Acceleration Working
Why not use Android for Kodi. It worked for me on the pine with Android Wink
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
BTW. fb turbo works quiet good. Compared to normal fbdev driver, fb turbo makes desktop very usable. Compilation and installation from github sources is trivial, and it works out of the box, after following instruction.

Still, I am hoping proper mali driver could be installed somehow eventually. What kernel versions does binary driver support? Any hope they can provide something for 4.0+ kernels maybe?
they will be sending us the binaries soon and if I am not mistaken the binary should work on any kernel. ssvb at SunXI Linux is the best person to ask as he has extensive knowledge on this matter Wink

Cheers Big Grin
(04-26-2016, 03:00 PM)lenny.raposo-pine64.pro Wrote: they will be sending us the binaries soon and if I am not mistaken the binary should work on any kernel. ssvb at SunXI Linux is the best person to ask as he has extensive knowledge on this matter Wink

This is good news ...
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(04-26-2016, 03:00 PM)lenny.raposo-pine64.pro Wrote: they will be sending us the binaries soon and if I am not mistaken the binary should work on any kernel. ssvb at SunXI Linux is the best person to ask as he has extensive knowledge on this matter Wink

Any updates on this?
Yes and no fishmech.

Allwinner is working on something but end of May is when we will see something

but good news is I have managed to get kodi running and watching movies on the Debian side of things but in windowed mode with sd and 720p videos. It's slow using the ui but you can watch things Wink

Cheers Big Grin
June is soon upon is. Any luck with the Mali DRM for Pine64 Linux?
(05-31-2016, 12:57 PM)CaptainZalo Wrote: June is soon upon is. Any luck with the Mali DRM for Pine64 Linux?

I still chasing Allwinner this week on the Mali driver release. Hopefully get the response back form them soon.
(05-31-2016, 05:26 PM)tllim Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 12:57 PM)CaptainZalo Wrote: June is soon upon is. Any luck with the Mali DRM for Pine64 Linux?

I still chasing Allwinner this week on the Mali driver release. Hopefully get the response back form them soon.

*fingers crossed*
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(05-31-2016, 05:57 PM)Luke Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 05:26 PM)tllim Wrote:

*fingers crossed*

I'm very excited and hopeful for this as well. I think a lot of people's projects are pending the Mali driver release.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand New LCD not working adamjedgar 3 6,479 03-11-2017, 12:20 AM
Last Post: simplexdan
  Pine64+: 3 working, 1 shows nothing on tv zumtra 1 3,911 07-30-2016, 05:47 PM
Last Post: tllim