Queries regarding Android development on these board
I am new to using SOC for development and plan on using RK3399 based android platform for my development. I have few queries as below, it would be really helpful if people on this forum can help with my queries.

a) Does the RockPro64 comes with pre-installed with Android or not? If not what is latest version that is available and supported for this platform? Is the android version pre-rooted?
b) Does this RockPro64 has on board storage available for installing android apps and storing files, if yes then how much?
c) My android app uses native libraries for some performing image processing. Would it help to buy the RockPro64AI instead. If yes, then how much performance gain is expected, when compared to regular RockPro64?
d) Can I use dual camera (5 MP each) on this board? What is the field of view (angle) for the each supported 5MP camera?
e) Can I use the wifi module with this board? Does this wifi module support "Monitor" mode and be used programmatically through Android?

I know it is a lot of queries? But if you can answer even few of them, it would be really helpful.
(02-26-2018, 12:32 PM)kafan1986 Wrote: I am new to using SOC for development and plan on using RK3399 based android platform for my development. I have few queries as below, it would be really helpful if people on this forum can help with my queries.

a) Does the RockPro64 comes with pre-installed with Android or not? If not what is latest version that is available and supported for this platform? Is the android version pre-rooted?
b) Does this RockPro64 has on board storage available for installing android apps and storing files, if yes then how much?
c) My android app uses native libraries for some performing image processing. Would it help to buy the RockPro64AI instead. If yes, then how much performance gain is expected, when compared to regular RockPro64?
d) Can I use dual camera (5 MP each) on this board? What is the field of view (angle) for the each supported 5MP camera?
e) Can I use the wifi module with this board? Does this wifi module support "Monitor" mode and be used programmatically through Android?

I know it is a lot of queries? But if you can answer even few of them, it would be really helpful.

a) All PINE64 SBC doesn't come with OS build pre-installed except Pinebook. The first release Android build will be version 7 and pre-rooted
b) Either microSD card or eMMC module has the storage capacity for installing app and data
c) No idea due to I don't know your android app capability.
d) You can, angle depends on the camera module spec
e) No sure about wifi "Monitor" mode. The optional Wifi module use in Rockpro64 board is AP6356S
(03-01-2018, 12:51 AM)tllim Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 12:32 PM)kafan1986 Wrote: I am new to using SOC for development and plan on using RK3399 based android platform for my development. I have few queries as below, it would be really helpful if people on this forum can help with my queries.

a) All PINE64 SBC doesn't come with OS build pre-installed except Pinebook. The first release Android build will be version 7 and pre-rooted
b) Either microSD card or eMMC module has the storage capacity for installing app and data
e) No sure about wifi "Monitor" mode. The optional Wifi module use in Rockpro64 board is AP6356S

If you have a board with AP6356S wifi module and ubuntu, can you post the output of this command:

Code:
iw list

https://askubuntu.com/questions/829977/h...nitor-mode
(03-01-2018, 08:29 AM)kafan1986 Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 12:51 AM)tllim Wrote:

If you have a board with AP6356S wifi module and ubuntu, can you post the output of this command:

Code:
iw list

https://askubuntu.com/questions/829977/h...nitor-mode

The AP6356S module will be release around 2 weeks time. We will test when received the module.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink You don't sell case and fan for "ROCKPro64 4GB Single Board Computer"? Clea 1 674 09-17-2023, 12:00 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Want to check maximum toggle speed in Rockpro64 board. kundanjha 0 627 08-14-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: kundanjha
  Cannot get my board to boot deutschlmao 11 7,839 09-05-2022, 04:23 PM
Last Post: ljones
  Never ever mix up CPU board connector with 8-pin PCIE connector LMM 0 1,731 02-11-2021, 10:18 AM
Last Post: LMM
  RockPro64 SSD Expansion Board/SATA Shield as0zial 5 7,486 10-18-2020, 08:05 PM
Last Post: revoman
  board not working kardanadm 7 8,962 08-31-2019, 07:37 AM
Last Post: kardanadm
  board not working with EMMC RockPro64Newbie 1 2,857 05-10-2019, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Unkn0wn
  How is the RockPRO64 with android? nJoy. 0 1,811 03-11-2019, 05:02 AM
Last Post: nJoy.
  Is my board dead? (again) duckkcud 8 7,359 01-24-2019, 07:12 PM
Last Post: 40four
  Review/Advice for new board owner (support,purchase etc) tinkerdan 8 9,794 12-24-2018, 10:07 PM
Last Post: celer