Root Android TV
Hi, i received my Rock64 and i installed Android TV, it's work very fine  but the google play, is unfairly empty because the "rock64" is not recognized by Google. My goal is to edit the build.prop to make it look like an Nvidia Shield TV so many applications will be available and the rock64 can be used to its full potential

But there is a problem, how can i root it, I was able to access the Recovery with ADB and my goal was to install the zip archive supersu but the SD card can not be found (the system is installed on the EMMC), likewise in Android TV, if I go in the storage options I can read "The SD card was ejected safely" while I did not ask to do this.

Do you have an idea to counter this problem?

(I already tried app like Kingroot, doesn't work at all)

Thank you
i would suggest that you try this build. boots from sd card. is rooted [works] not tv but if you have to make choice between root or tv, select this build. user/pass is/rock64/rock64

http://files.pine64.org/os/ROCK64/androi...oot.img.xz

there are other builds of rooted stock, check this post,
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...7#pid33047

i'd suggest bookmarking this page to check up on any new items.
http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCK64_...ndroid_7.x
It's a solution bug not a good one (i see i post in the incorrect section, sorry).

I will use my Rock64 as a "Mediacenter" so i use a remote control so it's not designed for "phone" apps that's why i'm on Android TV.

I know there is a way to root, just have to find how to make SD detected in Android :|
I am 99% sure that all of ayufan's Android builds are rooted from the start. Android TV by itself usually does not support installing regular apps, you have to sideload the apk's...
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
Tried to check with a root checker and no, the rom is not rooted :|

I need to root it because for exemple "Netflix TV" or "Amazon Video TV" aren't avalaible and unfortunatly they check on the playstore before apps run so i got a error when i install and run app from the apk
(12-18-2017, 03:48 PM)totalgaara Wrote: Hi, i received my Rock64 and i installed Android TV, it's work very fine  but the google play, is unfairly empty because the "rock64" is not recognized by Google. My goal is to edit the build.prop to make it look like an Nvidia Shield TV so many applications will be available and the rock64 can be used to its full potential

But there is a problem, how can i root it, I was able to access the Recovery with ADB and my goal was to install the zip archive supersu but the SD card can not be found (the system is installed on the EMMC), likewise in Android TV, if I go in the storage options I can read "The SD card was ejected safely" while I did not ask to do this.

Do you have an idea to counter this problem?

(I already tried app like Kingroot, doesn't work at all)

Thank you

(12-19-2017, 07:32 AM)totalgaara Wrote: It's a solution bug not a good one (i see i post in the incorrect section, sorry).

I will use my Rock64 as a "Mediacenter" so i use a remote control so it's not designed for "phone" apps that's why i'm on Android TV.

I know there is a way to root, just have to find how to make SD detected in Android :|

the rock64 android build link i posted is a rooted build. it is not a ayufan root build meaning that i'm sure parts come from ayufan work but the build is put out by pine64. root checker will verify as root. update binary by supersu works without messing up the build. ok, after explaining twice, i'm done. if you can not get a proper rooted build set up, the problem is you, that is, you are doing something wrong. so, good luck, merry christmas && happy new year both america && china.
I know what i do, i'm not the problem.

Your rooted version is for "Android 7.1 classic" and not "Android TV 7.1", it's true Android 7.1 (classic) look like Android TV but's not, it's juste a makup and it's i was thinking, it's unusable with a remote control, not really designed for that.

That's why i need to know how to root Android 7.1 TV  (the real one)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Download IDB fail when trying to flash Android image cherkasoff 0 4,181 04-05-2020, 07:41 AM
Last Post: cherkasoff
  How to get UHD 4k working (with Android TV 7) Hotkey 7 8,341 09-18-2018, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Trash_Can_Man
  AOSP Build Steps Using github.com/ayufan-rock64/android-7.1 birender.s 15 20,062 05-09-2018, 01:20 AM
Last Post: burram
  [Warning: root device does not exist] Can not install generic kernel on ROCK 64? pine3228 0 2,555 03-16-2018, 05:40 PM
Last Post: pine3228
  Some questions about r64 and ayufan android tv Synthetikz 1 2,686 03-13-2018, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Luke
  USB HDD and Android TV JeffsNetflixPassword 2 3,373 02-18-2018, 11:36 AM
Last Post: JeffsNetflixPassword
  Unable to flash Android TV on eMMC: rkflashtool error fbossi 3 5,054 02-02-2018, 08:37 AM
Last Post: dannyboyw