Rock64 crashes(or goes into suspend maybe)everytime system idles
Hello,

I tried posing about this issue on the Android forum several days ago but was not able to get help. So this is my last try I guess before just giving up.

This problem happened on the Raybuntu LibreElec build I had previously and on the Ayufan AndroidTV build I have installed currently. In androids settings it is set to sleep “Never” I’m not sure where else I should be looking. Also, I am using the power supply from Pine64 website that said it was for Rock64.

So whenever I let my system idle I come back to my tv showing “No Signal”. The lights on the Rock64 are still on like they normally are. If I short press the power button nothing happens. The only way I can get the system back on is to hit reset.

This is a very frustrating issue to have to reboot my system every time I need to use it. Especially since every time android asks me if I want to set up my SD card as memory (is there a way to stop this message?). Any help or advice would be appreciated. I’m not sure what else I should try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you could try options/developer options/stay awake. if your system is displaying "no signal" that is many times a message from the monitor itself which would indicate that the monitor is getting no hdmi/lcd signal from the board which further indicates that the system is no longer functional OR the board is no longer providing the signal to the monitor for some reason. so until you can determine what the issue is you need to find a way to keep your system awake, at least as far as your monitor is concerned.
try a google search on "android keep awake apps" and go with something you think will work after spending some time learning about the issue you have.
(12-14-2017, 03:36 AM)dkryder Wrote: you could try options/developer options/stay awake. if your system is displaying "no signal" that is many times a message from the monitor itself which would indicate that the monitor is getting no hdmi/lcd signal from the board which further indicates that the system is no longer functional OR the board is no longer providing the signal to the monitor for some reason. so until you can determine what the issue is you need to find a way to keep your system awake, at least as far as your monitor is concerned.
try a google search on "android keep awake apps" and go with something you think will work after spending some time learning about the issue you have.

Thanks for the suggestion. If it’s not the Operating system that is causing the “no signal” issue what’s the next thing I should look into? Maybe trying a new power supply?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
try this, shutdown the operating system but leave your monitor on. shortly after the operating system turns off you should see the "no signal" on the monitor. this pretty much means that one possibility is that the o/s crashed for some reason. but you should try the "stay awake" setting in developer options. you get the developer options list by clicking 7 times on the build number shown in system details. another thing you can try for a few nights just for a test is to install one of the "stay awake" apps . these apps start and then perform some small task over and over so that the system stays busy and does not drop off or crash because the idle routine or something else may have a memory leak or something which causes the system to crash.
stay awake apps try to just keep the system slightly busy. i would not buy a new power supply just yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Article] QuickJS JavaScript Engine on a Real-Time Operating System (Ox64 + NuttX) lupyuen 0 192 02-17-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  [Article] Nim on a Real-Time Operating System: Apache NuttX RTOS + Ox64 BL808 SBC lupyuen 2 447 01-05-2024, 12:27 AM
  [Article] $8 RISC-V SBC on a Real-Time Operating System: Ox64 + NuttX lupyuen 0 403 12-17-2023, 02:27 AM
  [Article] RISC-V Ox64 BL808 SBC: Starting Apache NuttX Real-Time Operating System lupyuen 2 652 11-11-2023, 10:09 PM
  System Updates DeanOnDoberman 2 2,259 11-09-2021, 02:11 AM
Last Post: DeanOnDoberman
  Sleep on Rock64 Grecor9090 1 2,882 10-26-2020, 07:42 PM
Last Post: KNERD
Question Does the Rock64 single board computer (1, 2 or 4 GB ram) have a PCie slot? IP_Proxy 5 6,546 04-29-2019, 08:19 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Shipping time on a Rock64 package to the US jhereg 14 19,476 10-17-2018, 11:36 AM
Last Post: tllim
  rock64 hdd from usb3.0 baszek 4 7,227 09-29-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: suberimakuri