RockBox
Which one do you prefer? I use Nova Launcher on the phone and tablet, but dont think it is a good idea for a video player box.
(11-10-2017, 05:53 AM)Wizzard Wrote: Which one do you prefer? I use Nova Launcher on the phone and tablet, but dont think it is a good idea for a video player box.

Will check when I get back home monday - cant remember the name. I know it was £2 or so.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-10-2017, 06:25 AM)Luke Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 05:53 AM)Wizzard Wrote: Which one do you prefer? I use Nova Launcher on the phone and tablet, but dont think it is a good idea for a video player box.

Will check when I get back home monday - cant remember the name. I know it was £2 or so.

Ok, I also found out there is no root Smile
How to fix that? I need to customize the hosts file.
(11-11-2017, 04:38 AM)Wizzard Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 06:25 AM)Luke Wrote:

Ok, I also found out there is no root Smile
How to fix that? I need to customize the hosts file.

Pretty sure the android that comes with it is not rooted -- again, consumer device.

I see, so except ATV there is no other Android build available for now?
(11-13-2017, 01:55 PM)Wizzard Wrote: I see, so except ATV there is no other Android build available for now?

You can also try the new stock build for Rock64. Its rooted too IIRC.

I am afraid my remote will stop working Smile
So I can copy that to SD, rename to update.img and it will flash itself and should work?

(btw ayufan's ATV and regular Android is also rooted?)
(11-15-2017, 02:39 PM)Wizzard Wrote: So I can copy that to SD, rename to update.img and it will flash itself and should work?

(btw ayufan's ATV and regular Android is also rooted?)

i got my rockbox a few days ago
suprising i cannot copy file from my pc to my external storage in device using ESexplorer pro
i think its all because the permission access
so i want to root my rockbox
using your method and file .img from link up there, is not working at all
my rockbox cannot detect any update even i`ve already rename the file to update.img

any help and guide to root my rockbox
For those of you who got the rockbox, here is an updated image which increases performance in ayufan's ATV build: https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/android...tag/0.3.13

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rockbox firmware Wizzard 0 1,154 11-21-2021, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Wizzard