RockBox
Anybody tried this? https://www.cloudmedia.com/?product=popc...kbox-basic

I have not found anything about it on this forum and it seems that it uses this Rock64 chipset.
Seems likely! Taken directly from the page you linked:

"We partnered with PINE64 bringing in ROCK64 Open Source community to support more firmware options in future such as LibreELEC, Android TV, Linux OS and etc."
Yup. I posted on their forum instructions to run Linux and ayufan's ATV. Its a nice little box.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Nice, so I can run it like a desktop replacement with Linux?
(10-17-2017, 09:44 AM)Wizzard Wrote: Nice, so I can run it like a desktop replacement with Linux?

Its only 1GB RAM, 8GB eMMC and no GbE... so I wouldn't recommend it for this use-case scenario.

(10-17-2017, 09:55 AM)Luke Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 09:44 AM)Wizzard Wrote: Nice, so I can run it like a desktop replacement with Linux?

Its only 1GB RAM, 8GB eMMC and no GbE... so I wouldn't recommend it for this use-case scenario.

Anyway, it could be faster than Pinebook, wouldn't it?
(10-20-2017, 10:07 AM)Wizzard Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 09:55 AM)Luke Wrote:

Anyway, it could be faster than Pinebook, wouldn't it?

Why not get a Rock64 for that purpose instead of a TV box meant for the living room/bedroom/guestroom ?

Maybe you are right, just a pity that 4 GB version is not available...
popcorn hour is one of tllim ' s [management @ pine64] other creative ventures.
I just like that RockBox case. Would it be possible to upgrade the RAM and eMMC in that box? Or is it possible to buy that case alone?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rockbox firmware Wizzard 0 1,153 11-21-2021, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Wizzard