Networking trouble
I finally got android to boot it runs OK though the launcher crashes a lot, the major problem is the download speed through the ethernet port, it took an hour to download the youtube app (18mb) from the play store, I have a 75meg connection and all my other devices connected to the router are running fine? Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Did you use an SD card you found somewhere in the drawer to burn Android to it? 

Anyway: If you already experience crashes you should immediately check your SD card for errors: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...eit_Drives
Do you have the 512mb, 1gb, or 2gb RAM board?
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
Have a 2gb board and a Samsung 16gb class 10 micro sd

Some people are having issues with the 2GB boards and internet connection. Are you using Ethernet port or the Wifi adapter? It seems that some of the Linux/RemixOS don't work with ethernet plugged in, the Android might have some issues with that. I haven't heard of slow connections, just working or not working.
Yes I tried the remix os install but wouldn't boot up until I unplugged the ethernet, then got to choose language screen and it crashed and loops like that for as long as you let it, for android 5.1 I am using the ethernet port as I don't have the WiFi adapter, works but as I said it's unusably slow

(04-01-2016, 07:00 AM)pine.tree Wrote: Some people are having issues with the 2GB boards and internet connection. Are you using Ethernet port or the Wifi adapter? It seems that some of the Linux/RemixOS don't work with ethernet plugged in, the Android might have some issues with that. I haven't heard of slow connections, just working or not working.

He's using Android Image Release 20160216 that doesn't show the crash behaviour (or endless reboot loop on Android since the watchdog reboots the board). Before I would start to think about networking issues only a second (I do network testing for a living Wink ) I would first check the card.

I had to deal with faulty/counterfeit SD cards that showed very slow random writes and one of the symptoms was that transmission downloads almost stalled while network connection was not utilised at all. This wasn't a network but just a simple storage issue. So always check from bottom to top Smile
The screen also loses colour and goes pink and green every 15mins or so, stays like that for 5mins then goes black and comes back full colour again, this also seems to be on an endless loop

I have a 128gb SanDisk card I could try?, the 16gb samsung card has worked fine in my raspberry pi2 for the past 6 months

I would stick with the 16GB card, and try booting without Ethernet or Wifi connected. I'm trying to isolate the variables for what's happening Smile
Will do, so your suggesting boot up without ethernet then connect once booted up to see if this makes any difference to the networking speed?

I think the screen going pink is an hdcp problem, possibly because I have an audio extractor connected in line with the HDMI to get an optical audio out, though this has been working with my previous pi setup

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble Installing PHP5 JCMPine64 3 6,939 05-02-2016, 06:10 PM
Last Post: JCMPine64