Frustrating - Is there any 'good' OS?
(02-17-2018, 08:49 AM)Luke Wrote: One more thing. There is a really awesome OS image incoming very soon - for those who read our FOSDEM news, it should be clear which image that will be.
can you elaborate plese?
i found a thread about fosdem, i could not find it any mention of a new OS (there were too many images).
thanks.
(02-17-2018, 08:49 AM)Luke Wrote: One more thing. There is a really awesome OS image incoming very soon - for those who read our FOSDEM news, it should be clear which image that will be.

I've read someting about KDE Plasma, is it true?
(02-26-2018, 09:04 AM)jesuscmf Wrote:

I've read someting about KDE Plasma, is it true?

Yes. I am sure that there will be more than one - but do also take a look at netrunner. They (together with KDE) have done a lot of work on the Pinebook.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Hey
Netrunner just released a image. Check it out here : https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=5984
Well, I tried Netrunner and Arch Linux with KDE and both have some issues. Suspend does not work on none of them, plus another minor bugs. Sound problem on Netrunner and MTP problem on Arch.

It would be nice to have Ubuntu 18.04 working on PB. Or what is that "awesome OS" being planned?
Quote:what is that "awesome OS" being planned?

Netrunner
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

For me, the best OS is still Kubuntu 16.04. Xenial from ayufan, because it just works.
Agreed. It's going to take a lot to make me from the Xenial Mate distro... netrunner looks good from the write-up, and they seem to have not taken shortcuts and are properly supporting stuff, but there are still too many gaps for me to even consider switching it for daily driving... 

But it's always good to have more choices, and more people developing for the pine64/pinebook.
(06-03-2018, 05:52 PM)pfeerick Wrote: Agreed. It's going to take a lot to make me from the Xenial Mate distro... netrunner looks good from the write-up, and they seem to have not taken shortcuts and are properly supporting stuff, but there are still too many gaps for me to even consider switching it for daily driving...

Hi pfeerick,

we know our first version is not perfect yet, so can you provide a short list of those gaps preventing you to to adopt Netrunner as daily driver?
I might push Bionic based on 3.10 kernel if this is helpful for anyone Smile
Homepage: https://ayufan.eu

Releases:
Rock/Pro 64/Pinebook Pro: LinuxChromium OS
So/Pine A64/Pinebook: LinuxAndroid 6.0Android 7.1

Buy me a Beer