Always RTFM..
So I now have 2 power supplies and 3 cables being delivered to my house tomorrow because I wrote the card, plugged everything in and got only a red power light.

After spending all that money I decided to test what the power supply was giving the board and it all looked perfectly normal. So I decided to read the boards and.. Oh wait.. There is a specific card writer (Phoenix Card) - Stupid me, I used Win32DiskImager

So if I'm not alone in this auto-pilot mode of doing what has worked for the Raspberry Pi (etc) then hopefully others shall find this post and realise it's the process you got wrong and the board is 'probably' working perfectly. Rolleyes
(03-30-2016, 07:43 AM)rtigd2 Wrote: Oh wait.. There is a specific card writer (Phoenix Card) - Stupid me, I used Win32DiskImager

Oops. I did my Raspberry Pi thing and used dd on a Raspberry Pi 2 to write the image on the SD card. Seems to be working fine in the Pine64.

Cheers,
Phil
I'd be easier to RTFM if there was actually a FM. I can find a definitive "Just got your Pine64? Here's what you do" guide anywhere. I'm not a noob, so I know I'll figure it out, but I mean, seriously. The most MINIMAL documentation of where to start wouldn't hurt.
(04-15-2016, 12:23 PM)ape Wrote: I'd be easier to RTFM if there was actually a FM. I can find a definitive "Just got your Pine64? Here's what you do" guide anywhere. I'm not a noob, so I know I'll figure it out, but I mean, seriously. The most MINIMAL documentation of where to start wouldn't hurt.

Agreed on lacking such start up guide, we will create one on this week.