Did your pinebook arrive with dead pixels?
Yes, at least one dead pixel
69.70%
No, screen looks great
30.30%
33 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Survey - Dead Pixels
PB14 - One dead pixel - still white Undecided
If I posted something helpful, please rate +
I've got another PineBook and also with one dead pixel - verticaly mid, horizontaly right third... (PB14)
If I posted something helpful, please rate +
(09-03-2017, 03:59 PM)TeaPack Wrote: I've got another PineBook and also with one dead pixel - verticaly mid, horizontaly right third... (PB14)

rats   :/

Have you tried any of the remedies to remove the pixel ?

( supposedly, there is a technique to massage it out somehow... )
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
14" got three dead black pixel. One of them is on middle and noticeable on word processor which it's annoying than others.  two of them are like half dead pixel, not centered.

edit: 
I found out it was laptop power adapter caused noise random green pixel when I plugged it. i think it was power management chip on board. I tried diff many image OS. same results. now my pinebook got another 4th dead green pixel last hour. I stopped using it and opened ticket support.
--ed; mhh
If Microsoft ever does applications for Linux it means I've won.
Linus Torvalds
Hello,

I have a few dead Pixels but nothing serious. what bothers me more is a white "dot" on the lower half on my screen about 2mm big and  its not pure white, more like an anomaly in Production maybe.

I don't want to ship my Pinebook back because of this. Screen works fine and dandy, as does the whole Pinebook except for a few quirks but totally usable.
Hello FBI,
I am not an actual hacker.
^ are you sure it's the screen itself, or maybe something on the screen that can be removed?
@dahni,

I am sure. i can't get a good Photo (it looks worse IRL) but you can see it underneath the "X Close" Button.
As i said, its no solid color, more milky-kinda-way.

Hello FBI,
yes, i can see it.
wow, you took a really good picture of it.
around 10x10px? that's of course a lot more than one dead pixel (i myself have 3, but onlly for certain colors. i don't notice them at all. i just hope you can live with yours).

it still could be a mechanical flaw (maybe the clear plastic covering the actual LEDs), instead of electronic, but of course it's moot to discuss it since one cannot fix that anyhow.
(10-17-2017, 02:49 PM)dahni Wrote: yes, i can see it.
wow, you took a really good picture of it.
around 10x10px? that's of course a lot more than one dead pixel (i myself have 3, but onlly for certain colors. i don't notice them at all. i just hope you can live with yours).

it still could be a mechanical flaw (maybe the clear plastic covering the actual LEDs), instead of electronic, but of course it's moot to discuss it since one cannot fix that anyhow.

yes around 10px diameter, i can live with it.
I believe if you bent or poke a screen slightly you would get a similar spot.

I also have around 4 dead pixels on my screen, no biggie Tongue
Hello FBI,
14in No screen issues.  My experience with the Pinebook has been overall good.  All of  the minor Issues have been resolved  from forum posts and members offering advice.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dead Pinebook - fix it or spare parts? oloturia 2 2,210 03-19-2023, 03:38 PM
Last Post: oloturia
  Pinebook without stuck or dead pixel Timeo 6 9,806 06-01-2020, 04:45 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Dead original pinebook calcmandan 1 2,695 11-30-2019, 07:10 AM
Last Post: 33YN2
  A seemingly dead Pinebook. frank-zappa 6 7,142 04-17-2018, 12:11 AM
Last Post: dkryder
  dead keys days after warranty expires sgiavaras 3 5,139 05-15-2017, 06:24 PM
Last Post: sgiavaras