Did your pinebook arrive with dead pixels?
Yes, at least one dead pixel
69.70%
No, screen looks great
30.30%
33 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Survey - Dead Pixels
I have a single, permanently white pixel, about 3mm from the top of the screen, 20mm from the center. Slightly annoying, but no biggy, I can live with it. Oh yes, 11inch pinebook
One "always bright" pixel in the right part of the screen
14" - 1 green pixel
Here - at the URL - are some further Links to red/green/blue/black/white screens.
With that and fullscreen mode in your browser (mostly F11-key) you could test your screen again the most sorts of dead/lightning pixels:
http://jasonfarrell.com/misc/deadpixeltest.php

[EDIT] I used the page as a check tool and couldnt find any dead/light pixel on my display.
Iam a lucky one Smile
I have a 14" display and one dead pixel - about 20mm from the lower left corner - always white but not too bright so it does not attract attention at all.

Thomas
(08-17-2017, 06:41 AM)guidol Wrote: http://jasonfarrell.com/misc/deadpixeltest.php
one dead pixel, but for green and red only, at roughly x:215 y:448.
I have a pixel that is bright white towards lower right corner edge.
14" one stuck red top third, middle of screen, not visible on light apps, pops out on black or dark grey backgrounds.

I remember a few decades ago when a few dead on a laptop was the norm, I'm actually impressed that the 14" pinebooks seem to be as blemish free as they are.
(08-28-2017, 06:48 PM)dgandhi Wrote: 14" one stuck red top third, middle of screen, not visible on light apps, pops out on black or dark grey backgrounds.

I remember a few decades ago when a few dead on a laptop was the norm, I'm actually impressed that the 14" pinebooks seem to be as blemish free as they are.

Two things. First, as is the case with most such posts, there is a strong element of participant bias - most users simply disregard this thread as their LCD panels are not affected, and in result proportionally more users with affected LCDs comment and fill in the poll. Second of all, dead pixels are still 'the norm' on all panels but the most expensive - but it is much less of an issue on high-DPI displays or TV sets which sit across the room.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(08-29-2017, 01:47 AM)Luke Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 06:48 PM)dgandhi Wrote: 14" one stuck red top third, middle of screen, not visible on light apps, pops out on black or dark grey backgrounds.

Two things. First, as is the case with most such posts, there is a strong element of participant bias - most users simply disregard this thread as their LCD panels are not affected, and in result proportionally more users with affected LCDs comment and fill in the poll. Second of all, dead pixels are still 'the norm' on all panels but the most expensive - but it is much less of an issue on high-DPI displays or TV sets which sit across the room.

I'm actually encouraged !   ... with all the Pinebooks shipped to-date we only have 15 dead pixel reports !   ... not bad, not bad ..
Sleepy
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dead Pinebook - fix it or spare parts? oloturia 2 2,209 03-19-2023, 03:38 PM
Last Post: oloturia
  Pinebook without stuck or dead pixel Timeo 6 9,804 06-01-2020, 04:45 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Dead original pinebook calcmandan 1 2,695 11-30-2019, 07:10 AM
Last Post: 33YN2
  A seemingly dead Pinebook. frank-zappa 6 7,140 04-17-2018, 12:11 AM
Last Post: dkryder
  dead keys days after warranty expires sgiavaras 3 5,137 05-15-2017, 06:24 PM
Last Post: sgiavaras