[2017-07-04] SADIE -- Simple way to flash Android to your Rock64!
SADIE - Simple Android Download and Install Executable
====================================

SADIE is a script designed to make it painless and easy to install Android (specifically ayufan's A7.1 images) to a Rock64 board.

It does the all of the following for you:

- Installs all required utilities (if you are on a system with apt or dnf package manager)
- Downloads the Android image of your choosing
- Prepares image for use (unzip)
- Guides you through how to put your Rock64 into the required "Loader Mode"
- Flashes the image on to your Rock64

Github repo

Direct Download (Linux)

Windows version is in the works!

How to use:

1. Unzip the downloaded zip file from above.
2. Run this in a terminal: sudo chmod +x sadie.sh
3. Run SADIE and follow the instructions!
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

Looks nice fire219... will have to give it a try later on tonight Wink

btw, I see you said you had trouble working out how to select the latest image automatically... maybe look at how ayufan does it in the install_to_eMMC script, and see if you can re-jig that for this?
(07-04-2017, 12:09 PM)fire219 Wrote: SADIE - Simple Android Download and Install Executable
====================================

SADIE is a script designed to make it painless and easy to install Android (specifically ayufan's A7.1 images) to a Rock64 board.

It does the all of the following for you:

- Installs all required utilities (if you are on a system with apt or dnf package manager)
- Downloads the Android image of your choosing
- Prepares image for use (unzip)
- Guides you through how to put your Rock64 into the required "Loader Mode"
- Flashes the image on to your Rock64

Github repo

Direct Download (Linux)

Windows version is in the works!

How to use:

1. Unzip the downloaded zip file from above.
2. Run this in a terminal: sudo chmod +x sadie.sh
3. Run SADIE and follow the instructions!

Is there any update for a potential Windows version for us linux dummies who have boards coming soon?
(07-25-2017, 04:17 PM)ktulu909 Wrote: Is there any update for a potential Windows version for us linux dummies who have boards coming soon?

Yeah... install VirtualBox, install Linux on that, and quit asking for windows version! :-P

The process isn't as polished as fire219s SADIE, but there is a Windows section in the "Installing Android on eMMC" guide from the rock64 resources page which should get the job done on Windows. Basically you download a driver and the flasher tool, and also download the "-update" version of the release you want to install.
A couple of notes on using SADIE (if i am wrong, please correct).

SADIE is designed to run on a separate Linux machine ...

Also you need a USB a to a cable ( commonly called a USB 2.0 male to male cable).

I have so many USB cables laying around, assumed I had every type I could possibly ever need. . but have discovered, this is the one USB cable I do not have.

I did open the SADIE script, and look at the coding .. very impressed, looks like a very well written script. I plan on using it, once I get the right cable ( probably run it from Debian, on a pi 3.

I don't have a emmc card yet, so I am thinking this is the only way I am going to get android on a sd card.

Jake
fire219: I pushed new Android releases that are marked as "release". I also release raw disk image now Smile
Homepage: https://ayufan.eu

Releases:
Rock/Pro 64/Pinebook Pro: LinuxChromium OS
So/Pine A64/Pinebook: LinuxAndroid 6.0Android 7.1

Buy me a Beer
(08-19-2017, 08:25 AM)Jakr Wrote: A couple of notes on using SADIE (if i am wrong, please correct).

SADIE is designed to run on a separate Linux machine ...

Also you need a USB a to a cable ( commonly called a USB 2.0 male to male cable).

I have so many USB cables laying around, assumed I had every type I could possibly ever need. . but have discovered, this is the one USB cable I do not have.

I did open the SADIE script, and look at the coding .. very impressed, looks like a very well written script. I plan on using it, once I get the right cable ( probably run it from Debian, on a pi 3.

I don't have a emmc card yet, so I am thinking this is the only way I am going to get android on a sd card.

Jake

Yeah my previous one was a nasty and dirty fix as 2 USB cable got snipped and soldered with some black nasty (insulation tape) but yeah you can get one.
I am even a proud owner of an eMMC to SD card converter from oDroid but still waiting for the board.
Wasn't in the oDroid shop so I emailed em and they sold me one and for a couple of quid will just be so much easier.
I went ahead and ordered a usb a to a cable.. Should be here by the end of the week.

Will go ahead and set up a Microsd card for Android once it arrives.

Jake

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rock64 Android Oreo 8.1 TV-Install adventures (Now Android 9.0) Rocklobster 5 5,101 08-04-2021, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Rocklobster
  How do I prepare/put Android on an SD card using etcher cdotsubo3000 3 5,908 06-27-2021, 02:43 PM
Last Post: clach04
  Android and SD Card gigagames 2 4,476 06-27-2021, 02:38 PM
Last Post: clach04
  Android Images (ROCK64) pineadmin 73 166,813 05-04-2021, 01:58 AM
Last Post: zet_lab
  Android 9.0 and Pluto on Rock64-1G missdeenola 1 3,943 03-12-2021, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Wizzard
  broken android microsd images jbach50 1 3,428 01-16-2021, 09:57 PM
Last Post: jimsurvak
  Android on Rock64 SD Problem ElBoluTony 3 5,885 10-07-2020, 12:10 PM
Last Post: ElBoluTony
  Error! Android Rockchip tools method BowerR64 0 2,528 09-18-2020, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BowerR64
Lightbulb Any older versions of Android for the Rock64? BowerR64 2 4,638 09-18-2020, 07:58 PM
  Can't boot android 9 on rock64 maks2204 5 8,628 09-09-2020, 08:44 AM