Problems with customs clearance!!!
Exclamation 
Dear all,
my order (Pinebook 14") has been stopped at customs in Russia (Moscow). Shipment option was FedEx.

Customs says that Sender's customs declaration doesn't conform to Russian customs regulations.

They say that there is no somewhat "product notification from Russain FSS".

Customs clearance and further shipment is not possible. The order will be returned to Sender.

Questions:

1. Please, tell me if it is possible to cancel the order and get money back. If it is possible, please tell me how much money I'll lost.
  2. Please tell me if there is alternative way of shipment, such as mail forwarder.

Appeal:
  1. Please, as soon as possible, inform all falks from Russia that no shipment via FedEx will reach the Recipient.
  2. Dear Pine64.org officials! Please consult with Russian Customs office to solve the bureaucratic  problem.
(07-04-2017, 07:59 AM)knik Wrote: Dear all,
my order (Pinebook 14") has been stopped at customs in Russia (Moscow). Shipment option was FedEx.

Customs says that Sender's customs declaration doesn't conform to Russian customs regulations.

Customs clearance and further shipment is not possible. The order will be returned to Sender.

Questions:

1. Please, tell me if it is possible to cancel the order and get money back. If it is possible, please tell me how much money I'll lost.
  2. Please tell me if there is alternative way of shipment, such as mail forwarder.

Appeal:
  1. Please, as soon as possible, inform all falks from Russia that no shipment via FedEx will reach the Recipient.
  2. Dear Pine64.org officials! Please consult with Russian Customs office to solve the bureaucratic  problem.

Same story here (also 14'' Pinebook, delivered to Moscow, Russia).

I am going to try individual clearance (not via FedEx customs agent) on 06/07/17, but there is not much hope.

The point that I'm going to push is that Customs Code of Customs Union says (in article 352.2) that items ordered by persons for personal use should not be subject to non-tariff regulations (and those product notifications are actually part of non-tariff regulation policy).

The main problem for me is that all that crap with FSS and Customs Service is going to take a lot of time, and FedEx told me that they can keep the parcel only for 5 days before shipping it back
Thanks for bringing attention to this. I will pass it onto tllim and other relevant people.
As for Pine Inc. talking to Russian customs services ... I very much doubt it will happen. That said, Pine may be interested in setting up an alternative shipping arrangement for Russia (and other countries that may have similar regulations) although I doubt it too due to relatively low shipping volume.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-04-2017, 07:59 AM)knik Wrote: Customs says that Sender's customs declaration doesn't conform to Russian customs regulations.
I had more luck here in turkey, but 
first I had to send the customs a copy of the payment, because they didnt think that this Notebook has to be worth more (could be they think its a x86 Notebook).
So I did send them the mail-copy from Paypal and the link to pine64.org for the original prices.
After that I had to told them that Iam a private person, so I hadnt pay as much as a computer importing company.
Before that I should pay TL230 and now I did pay TL133 (around $37 for customs/clearing/service).
As compay they would have a "power of attorney"-form, which wasnt needed as private person Smile
So today I received my Pinebook 14" in a blue plastic bag/case without broken screen Smile
Now its loading his flat battery....
(07-04-2017, 02:50 PM)maknvl Wrote: I am going to try individual clearance (not via FedEx customs agent) on 06/07/17, but there is not much hope.

Dear maknvl, please contact to me via   kvgss at ya dot ru.
I've got some sad experience in customs process at Domodedovo.
In short, your efforts is likely useless.
According to Russian customs regulations, all electronic devices having cryptographic modules, should be licensed by FSS. Unfortunately, Pinebook with its WiFi and Bluetooth modules, is treated as crypto-enabled device. Sad
(07-04-2017, 02:50 PM)maknvl Wrote: The point that I'm going to push is that Customs Code of Customs Union says (in article 352.2) that items ordered by persons for personal use should not be subject to non-tariff regulations (and those product notifications are actually part of non-tariff regulation policy).
===Information below is valid only for Russia===
Yes, you are right, but this is the case when the following essential conditions are met:
1) item is not listed in "list of prohibited" (explosives, medicals, etc)
2) item is not listed in "list of subjected for licensing" (contains crypto-modules)
3) total price is not exceed 1000 euro PER MONTH PER ONE PERSON
4) number of individual items doesn't exceed 3-5.
5) product is for personal use, not for industrial use, not for resale.

In fact, the final decision depends on subjective opinion of customs officer. There is no way to protest against this decision.
I asked TL in the IRC yesterday on your behalf about the situation. Pine received a customs clearance from Russian authorities, but apparently the Russian authorities are at liberty to change the rules as they wish and when they wish. FedEx should only accept shipping to countries where they can deliver - although in this case its not FedEx's fault per se as a clearance was issued by authorities. You can read everything in its entirety in the log here  (starts at 23:48 on the 04-07-2017). 

Here is a resume of the most important information for your convenience: 

Quote:23:49:21 <tllim> Looks like Russia block Pinebook, even we have apply for custom clearance 
23:50:52 <tllim> as mentioned, FedEx should only accept the shipment when know that can be shipped. 
23:58:18 <tllim> anyway, we will not further accept Pinebook order from Russia 
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-04-2017, 04:56 PM)Luke Wrote: As for Pine Inc. talking to Russian customs services ... I very much doubt it will happen. That said, Pine may be interested in setting up an alternative shipping arrangement for Russia (and other countries that may have similar regulations) although I doubt it too due to relatively low shipping volume.
Dear Luke, one possible alternative way of shipment is "mail forwarder" service.
I know one, that works in China and Russia:  https://shopotam.ru/about/contacts
Unfortunately, this site hasn't English version. You may contact via email pr@shopotam.ru

Information for Russian falks:
please find below very useful information on Russian customs rules (in Russian only, sorry):
https://shopotam.ru/help/zaprety-i-ogranicheniya/
(07-04-2017, 07:59 AM)knik Wrote: Appeal:

FINALLY: Dear citizens of Russian Federation! Shipment to Russia is not possible.
Dear Pine64 team, thank you very much for answer.
Citing from pine64 team e-mail letter:
"We are regret to inform you that Fedex has returning the Pinebook order to us due to the Russia custom issue and rejection. We are not able to re deliver you this order. Therefore, we will refund you the goods price soon.
Thank you."
(07-12-2017, 03:48 AM)knik Wrote:
(07-04-2017, 07:59 AM)knik Wrote: Appeal:

FINALLY: Dear citizens of Russian Federation! Shipment to Russia is not possible.
Dear Pine64 team, thank you very much for answer.
Citing from pine64 team e-mail letter:
"We are regret to inform you that Fedex has returning the Pinebook order to us due to the Russia custom issue and rejection. We are not able to re deliver you this order. Therefore, we will refund you the goods price soon.
Thank you."

hello,  shipment to Russia IS possible !  But, the shipment must be pre-approved PRIOR to release from factory... looks like someone may have dropped the ball on this order.

Should have tllim look into this,
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BTO booking - email problems? jfrederickson 8 9,009 01-27-2019, 04:38 PM
Last Post: spikerguy