Patiently awaiting shipping info
(08-05-2017, 07:29 PM)abrmx Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 09:26 AM)k_mp Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 09:04 AM)abrmx Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 09:07 PM)k_mp Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 07:25 PM)abrmx Wrote: mine is already in dhl of my city... thanks!

Mine is in DHL of my city... it generated custom cost of 668!!! mexican pesos! xD
like 35 USD.
Im excited!!!
Tomorrow I will send some pics!

Nice. I have not even received my shipment information email yet. I hope they send mine in 1th August batch.
I am wondering when did you place your order.

June 5 I paid my friend. When did you paid?

I placed my order on 13th July and paid the same day. So far I only have a single email titled "Your PINE64 order receipt from July 13, 2017" that I received on 13th July (same payment day) with my order number. No further email or information provided afterwards.
That's why I am little bit worry.
May I ask how was the overall procedure for you? Like how may notification you received and what was the process?
Honestly speaking I am not quite clear about the process and having some clarity based on people's experience can help a lot others as well as Pine64 team to fine tune-their process.

Wait for another two months =(

If you having issue with your shipment, please contact pinebook@pine64.org
Okay I got my unit today 9th of August.
So let's run down some numbers.
I paid the usual $99 for the computer. Then $37 for shipping. After all that I got a message telling me I needed to pay more for shipping to "remote area" (not pine64 makers fault. It's DHL.) that was $33 extra. After all that I had to pay $65 for taxes and DHL fees.
So after all that my Pinebook ended up costing around $234.
Is my pinebook worth the 99 USD? Hell yes. Is it worth the 234 USD? Eh no. If you can get the system only for the shipping cost then great! But for most EU countries... I wouldn't do it.

Anyways I got my system really well packed and it even had some charge in it so I got to use it right away. Time to start tinkering Smile It might have ended up costing a bit more I wanted but it's fine. Atleast I have something to do.
(08-09-2017, 02:14 AM)hene Wrote: Okay I got my unit today 9th of August.
So let's run down some numbers.
I paid the usual $99 for the computer. Then $37 for shipping. After all that I got a message telling me I needed to pay more for shipping to "remote area" (not pine64 makers fault. It's DHL.) that was $33 extra. After all that I had to pay $65 for taxes and DHL fees.
So after all that my Pinebook ended up costing around $234.
Is my pinebook worth the 99 USD? Hell yes. Is it worth the 234 USD? Eh no. If you can get the system only for the shipping cost then great! But for most EU countries... I wouldn't do it.

Anyways I got my system really well packed and it even had some charge in it so I got to use it right away. Time to start tinkering Smile It might have ended up costing a bit more I wanted but it's fine. Atleast I have something to do.

Yea, that is unreasonable.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(08-09-2017, 02:14 AM)hene Wrote: I paid the usual $99 for the computer. Then $37 for shipping. After all that I got a message telling me I needed to pay more for shipping to "remote area" (not pine64 makers fault. It's DHL.) that was $33 extra. After all that I had to pay $65 for taxes and DHL fees.
wow thats very much - in which country are you?
Here in Turkey I paid
$99 for the Pinebook
$49 for shipping (FedEx)
around $40 for customs

so - much less than you
Starting to look like UK isn't so bad after all ... £30 for DHL, and customs was only issued for one PB out of 3 (was £27).
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(08-09-2017, 02:59 AM)guidol Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 02:14 AM)hene Wrote: I paid the usual $99 for the computer. Then $37 for shipping. After all that I got a message telling me I needed to pay more for shipping to "remote area" (not pine64 makers fault. It's DHL.) that was $33 extra. After all that I had to pay $65 for taxes and DHL fees.
wow thats very much - in which country are you?
Here in Turkey I paid
$99 for the Pinebook
$49 for shipping (FedEx)
around $40 for customs

so - much less than you

Finland. For some reason most of the country is counted as remote area. And we need to pay taxes for the device and shipping. Also DHL bills extra because there are taxes involved (around 25 euros). DHL caused most of the extra cost for me.
(08-09-2017, 05:38 PM)hene Wrote: Also DHL bills extra because there are taxes involved (around 25 euros). DHL caused most of the extra cost for me.
All postal services do that here (NL) "administration costs" they call it. It's 17 euros (the bill says 15, but then they add tax on top of that still). But DHL is the only postal service that has a 100% chance of being hit by tax in my experience.

Packaging wise, I'm surprised that there are not more complains about damage from USA. In my (Ultimaker) experience, DHL shipping to the USA is not very friendly (We had lots and lots of damaged goods before we enhanced our packaging for just the US). And the limited packaging around the Pinebook looked a bit fragile for the things we have seen there.
(08-09-2017, 11:19 PM)daid Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 05:38 PM)hene Wrote: Also DHL bills extra because there are taxes involved (around 25 euros). DHL caused most of the extra cost for me.
All postal services do that here (NL) "administration costs" they call it. It's 17 euros (the bill says 15, but then they add tax on top of that still). But DHL is the only postal service that has a 100% chance of being hit by tax in my experience.

Packaging wise, I'm surprised that there are not more complains about damage from USA. In my (Ultimaker) experience, DHL shipping to the USA is not very friendly (We had lots and lots of damaged goods before we enhanced our packaging for just the US). And the limited packaging around the Pinebook looked a bit fragile for the things we have seen there.

Well the packaging I had should be more than enough when shipping is marked as fragile. Only way to make it more robust would either be tons of bubble wrap or dedicated box with styrofoam inserts. Later one would be overkill and expensive. If DHL treats the packages like in the many videos out there then there is little the pine team can do.
(08-09-2017, 02:14 AM)hene Wrote: So after all that my Pinebook ended up costing around $234.

As I told it this morning on IRC.  Very similar price in Czech republic.

Honestly this was my last order, where I chose DHL.

Pinebook + shipping = 137$

Because it will arrive on Tuesday there is approx prices how much it will cost.
DHL handling fee = min.  23$
VAT 21% = 32$
Total 192$

Yes, if you would like to clear it yourself it's possible, then you need to pay 300 CZK (which is 12$). For what you're going to pay it?
They will spend 2 minutes for you, where they pick camera then they took photo of shipping label/package and fill paper, where they will tell you how much you should pay for shipping and they will send it to you by email.
It's good, right? #dreamjob

Next time I would appreciate if there will be option to choose another shipping company or if it will be available through Amazon/Ebay shipping services or preferable EU warehouse.
Hopefully it will work with Gearbest or Geekbuying.
Quote:Well the packaging I had should be more than enough when shipping is marked as fragile. Only way to make it more robust would either be tons of bubble wrap or dedicated box with styrofoam inserts. Later one would be overkill and expensive. If DHL treats the packages like in the many videos out there then there is little the pine team can do.
Fragile stickers don't do anything, as they get put on everything.

Main thing of me was, it came in a "bubblewrap" envelope, which is usually used for clothes or tiny parts. Not a large rectangle that cannot be bent in any way. Boxes are generally handled better because they can be stacked.

(As for horror shipping stories. We had an Ultimaker being shipped to and from the USA by air mail twice by some silly mistake. And, a printer spending 2 weeks in a ditch somewhere in the USA. The one in the ditch was in a better shape...)

Still, I'm super happy with the Pinebook, and would order it again. My nephew wants a 11" version (he is in the need of something small, light, and easy to wipe clean when he goes over-seas, and he is an software engineer), anyone know if those are shipping again? As they where not when I ordered mine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Free 14" Pinebook Spare Parts (You Pay Shipping) Nierika 3 4,992 01-27-2019, 04:18 PM
Last Post: spikerguy
  Selling 14" Pinebook ($90+Shipping) Nierika 4 5,046 11-18-2018, 02:51 PM
Last Post: WZ9V
Question The Shipping News jschall 7 8,106 11-10-2018, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Blutkoete
  14" pinebook FCC info dkryder 2 4,337 01-16-2018, 02:31 PM
Last Post: dkryder
  Power supply replacement, but shipping is expensive kurai021 3 3,759 12-20-2017, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Siliconserf
  What is Pinebook shipping schedule? Fox7799 13 17,074 07-05-2017, 02:48 AM
Last Post: guidol
  NO shipping method for my country mehedi16 2 4,643 06-29-2017, 05:28 AM
Last Post: Pine168