Ayufan's ubuntu
With most things fixed is available here.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Does KDE Plasma work? Smile
No idea how to make this thing work. Flash it to a card. It just boots to a login prompt for the minimal image. No idea what the login / password is for it. It's not pine64 pine64.
(05-04-2017, 05:15 PM)pagesix1536 Wrote: No idea how to make this thing work. Flash it to a card. It just boots to a login prompt for the minimal image. No idea what the login / password is for it. It's not pine64 pine64.

The login/pass is ubuntu/ubuntu

Minimal img = no desktop environment

This seems like the most appropriate place to post this question, so I will start here. I have downloaded the I3, Mate & minimal images. I have loaded them on micro SD cards and can boot to them, but I can't figure out how to get them to install to the emmc card and replace/overwrite the existing image. I am obviously missing something basic as many people have already done this, but I can't seem to find the answer. A little guidance in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

On a side note I think I want to use the I3, but have some I3 questions about using as a daily driver. How do people quickly manage WiFi changes etc, maybe I will start a new thread covering those I3 specific questions if others are interested.
(06-23-2017, 10:02 AM)n3rDy Wrote: This seems like the most appropriate place to post this  question, so I will start here. I have downloaded the I3, Mate & minimal images. I have loaded them on micro SD cards and can boot to them, but I can't figure out how to get them to install to the emmc card and replace/overwrite the existing image. I am obviously missing something basic as many people have already done this, but I can't seem to find the answer. A little guidance in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

On a side note I think I want to use the I3, but have some I3 questions about using as a daily driver. How do people quickly manage WiFi changes etc, maybe I will start a new thread covering those I3 specific questions if others are interested.

In /usr/local/sbin you will find all the available scripts. One of them will be called something like install_to_emmc.sh

edit: also, do open an i3 thread - its a good idea

Hi!
I'm new to pinebook, I think here is a good place to answer.

I messed up emmc boot partition and now pinebook doesn't start (just black screen), no problem, my idea always were to install updated ubuntu mate 0.5.5-65.
Ok, I will do with an sdcard to flash bootable(?) image with Pine64 Installer Utility.

Now questions:
- So, the sd with the image offers the install option like a common livecd linux? Or I may run "/usr/local/sbin" install_to_emmc.sh script like mentioned? Any more needed?
- May I run this commands that reffers in the github page or just the previous one?

Code:
sudo ./pine64_update_kernel.sh 0.5.5
sudo ./pine64_update_uboot.sh 0.5.5
sudo ./pine64_update_package.sh 0.5.5
- That's got my pinebook updated and installed in the emmc, correct?
- I messed up the boot resizing it, the 0.5.5 has bigger size for software updater or just do it always from console command for update apps from repos?

Thanks!
There are two (three) ways to install an image to eMMC:

1.) If you select an image from the Pine Installer that is for eMMC, it creates an sdcard that will install that image to eMMC.
2.) You write one of ayufan's images to sdcard and boot from sdcard, then use  install_to_emmc.sh from /usr/local/sbin to download and install an Android/Linux image.
(3.) You use FEL mode and u-boot UMS to expose the eMMC as a USB mass storage device and mount that on your other computer to write directly to the eMMC)

Upstream community releases are here:

https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/linux-build/releases

Edit: To update my Ubuntu packages I just use apt update/upgrade...
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
I have a strange problem with Ubuntu Mate SD card version. During installation of larger amount of packages it just stops installation with an error and after running dpkg --configure -a it hangs on error: unable to access dpkg status area read-only file system. Then I am not able to remount fs rw. Tried it on 2 sd cards, flashing was without a problem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding coherent_pool to boot.cmd on Xenial Mate by Ayufan causes boot loop k_mp 0 1,899 06-11-2019, 01:36 PM
Last Post: k_mp
  Problems putting Ubuntu (Xenial Mate) on my replacement eMMC. frank-zappa 11 13,316 05-01-2019, 12:09 PM
Last Post: frank-zappa
  Tips and Tricks for Ayufan's Bionic LXDE Image NoraCodes 8 10,377 01-22-2019, 06:22 PM
Last Post: binholz
  Pinebook X11 cursor gone after updating ayufan 0.7.30 fatalhalt 0 1,892 12-02-2018, 10:15 PM
Last Post: fatalhalt
  Pinebook Ubuntu XFCE screen resolution options Fox7799 2 4,339 12-01-2018, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Fox7799
  Pinebook 11.6" sound with Ubuntu XFCE Fox7799 1 3,089 11-21-2018, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Fox7799
  Is there a guide somewhere how to upgrade Ubuntu on Pinebook? dejan 7 8,563 11-16-2018, 12:37 AM
Last Post: icemeister
Star New Pinebook releases (28.10.2018) - Ayufan Luke 5 6,646 11-08-2018, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Luke
Smile Ubuntu Release Upgrade (16.04 => 16.10 => 17.04) working stohn 19 21,711 10-21-2018, 03:34 AM
Last Post: soupbowl
  Ubuntu 18.4?? Corkonian 6 7,352 09-12-2018, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Corkonian