March shipment already locked down?
I thought we'd get a 48 hour warning per lockdown, as we did with feb/early bird, did I miss the warning for march?
There wasn't one, I was hoping as well, I had thought to add a couple things, no biggie though I'll get them from adafruit or sparkfun
Same here, wasn't expecting lockdown yet (BackerKit website says currently scheduled for 04/15/16) and went there last night to adjust my add-ons.  As I'd included cases for my Pines and so shipping would be delayed to April I had assumed I had plenty of time...

Wonder if anyone in control will be able to provide any additional info for us?

A
(03-10-2016, 02:28 AM)AlecEdworthy Wrote: Same here, wasn't expecting lockdown yet (BackerKit website says currently scheduled for 04/15/16) and went there last night to adjust my add-ons.  As I'd included cases for my Pines and so shipping would be delayed to April I had assumed I had plenty of time...

Wonder if anyone in control will be able to provide any additional info for us?

A

The 15th April lockdown date was explained in one of the updates, and in a thread or two on here. That date represents the latest possible time by which a person could complete the survey. So say you were a March backer and were unable to get to your computer for whatever reason in February/March, and thus you couldn't fill out the Backerkit survey, you would still have until April the 15th to get it done. It's a final deadline day for attempting the survey, rather than a delayed delivery date due to add-ons and accessories.
(03-10-2016, 02:34 AM)SkairkrohBule Wrote: The 15th April lockdown date was explained in one of the updates, and in a thread or two on here. That date represents the latest possible time by which a person could complete the survey. So say you were a March backer and were unable to get to your computer for whatever reason in February/March, and thus you couldn't fill out the Backerkit survey, you would still have until April the 15th to get it done. It's a final deadline day for attempting the survey, rather than a delayed delivery date due to add-ons and accessories.

That makes sense.  I hadn't actually been working to the 15th April date (it felt like a placeholder to me) but had been expecting an email warning that lockdown was on the way.  Oh well, more tech to play with Smile Just hoping that it slips through without getting charged VAT on import - that's likely to add £27 ($38) to my bill thanks to a shockingly bad exchange rate and ParcelFarce's handling fee.
(03-10-2016, 04:06 AM)AlecEdworthy Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 02:34 AM)SkairkrohBule Wrote: The 15th April lockdown date was explained in one of the updates, and in a thread or two on here. That date represents the latest possible time by which a person could complete the survey. So say you were a March backer and were unable to get to your computer for whatever reason in February/March, and thus you couldn't fill out the Backerkit survey, you would still have until April the 15th to get it done. It's a final deadline day for attempting the survey, rather than a delayed delivery date due to add-ons and accessories.

That makes sense.  I hadn't actually been working to the 15th April date (it felt like a placeholder to me) but had been expecting an email warning that lockdown was on the way.  Oh well, more tech to play with  Smile  Just hoping that it slips through without getting charged VAT on import - that's likely to add £27 ($38) to my bill thanks to a shockingly bad exchange rate and ParcelFarce's handling fee.

Ah, somebody else who calls them ParcelFarce Smile
(03-10-2016, 04:23 AM)SkairkrohBule Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 04:06 AM)AlecEdworthy Wrote:

That makes sense.  I hadn't actually been working to the 15th April date (it felt like a placeholder to me) but had been expecting an email warning that lockdown was on the way.  Oh well, more tech to play with  Smile  Just hoping that it slips through without getting charged VAT on import - that's likely to add £27 ($38) to my bill thanks to a shockingly bad exchange rate and ParcelFarce's handling fee.

Ah, somebody else who calls them ParcelFarce Smile

Yup!  Now I know the Pine64 will ship via them I genuinely worry that it will not turn up at my work (the address I've entered) because it's not a simple street address.  I also wonder how they'll handle the customs side of things given they'll probably hold the package, send me a letter asking for money and then release the package which means there's two opportunities for items to vanish in the post...

A
I have just got an e-mail from Pine64 Inc.:

We successfully charged xx$ to the credit card provided for .....

This means my March Pledge / Backer kit is soon ready to be shipped to me!

I can't be more excited!  Smile Cool
(03-11-2016, 12:54 AM)gbjensen Wrote: I have just got an e-mail from Pine64 Inc.:

This means my March Pledge / Baker kit is soon ready to be shipped to me!

Same here. Card charged. Hopefully we'll see shipping info soon now  Smile

A
(03-11-2016, 01:30 AM)AlecEdworthy Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 12:54 AM)gbjensen Wrote: I have just got an e-mail from Pine64 Inc.:

This means my March Pledge / Baker kit is soon ready to be shipped to me!

Same here. Card charged. Hopefully we'll see shipping info soon now  Smile

A

Same here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipment to Russia? Tantrix 54 62,853 11-10-2023, 06:21 AM
Last Post: SergeyMorozov
  45Eur Taxes for ~100Eur shipment to Germany hoijui 0 1,134 06-19-2022, 01:28 AM
Last Post: hoijui
  Shipment is on hold February, henrythemouse 2 2,338 04-05-2022, 11:55 AM
Last Post: henrythemouse
  Shipment to Russia is either too expensive (UPS, DHL) or non-legal ilyaigpetrov 2 2,954 02-11-2022, 04:30 AM
Last Post: ilyaigpetrov
  Shipment, I lost a track number and cannot remember where I saw it in a first place bilgames 0 1,584 11-13-2021, 09:21 AM
Last Post: bilgames
  Ordered Pinecil + misc stuff in March, haven't heard anything, zoho website fail nazrin 10 8,395 07-06-2021, 02:06 AM
Last Post: tllim
Question Shipment rejected by security check secxsquared 0 2,170 05-09-2021, 11:29 AM
Last Post: secxsquared
  Shipment returned to shipper weedcoder 2 5,064 01-28-2021, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Pelecanus
  No shipment number chillicoder 0 2,526 09-25-2020, 11:06 AM
Last Post: chillicoder
  Shipment cost deedend 2 4,718 09-17-2020, 08:55 PM
Last Post: bcnaz