Shipping Progress
(03-24-2016, 05:07 PM)pine.tree Wrote: I would rather them focus on shipping out everything, than focusing on every upset user who throws a fit over a little delay.

If you don't like delays, don't participate on Kickstarter. You would be more pleased with established brands and stores.

Actually it's not a fit. I read the rules, I even asked to makes sure ordering anything else on the backer site would delay. So I ordered what was exactly exactly stated as being in stock.

So now I have my credit card charged (which is a no-no in terms of shipping goods/services, when stated your card will be charged when shipping is ready) and find out after the fact that "in stock" is not really the case.

What I want from this business:
 - Clear communication from the company
      - What is delayed and when the expectation is for delivery
      - Options, if possible, to receive what is already being shipped (please note that if the Pine64 was really vaporware then caveat emptor and I take a lose). But when this product is real and being shipped then I have issues.
      - Responses from "support@pine64.com" :: I have not received any communication from them. At least an auto generated reply would be effective in letting us know that at least this is not going to an empty box.

So I really do have a problem with anyone on Kickstarter who has a successful backed project yet fails to communicate effectively any changes or delays. This is not a charity. They have an idea, we back that idea. Backerkit is making a niche for themselves by selling themselves as a service to successfully funded projects. "We know there’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes of a project. And we know that there’s a giant to-do list once you’re funded. Let BackerKit take care of the rest." So in essence, if you don't have staff to be the on-call service desk for your project then isn't that what Backerkit is promising?

tl;dr
Delays I can handle or expect when communication to a backer is handled well.
Backerkit's main issue is the tracking numbers-- many have already received their Pine64's, but never got their tracking number the week before. Pine64 chose Backerkit because it was sold as an all-in-one solution to fulfilling Kickstarter backers. There was some issue with the actual shipments, so Backerkit isn't able to automatically give you your tracking numbers like Pine64 was told.

I don't like the delays either, but there is a very real possibility that your board is on its way. I was backer #8,500 or so for March 2GB, i haven't received my board yet Sad
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
Which...I guess is an update? From reading all the postings in this thread.

- Pine64 2GB March early bird, shipping soon (need to ship Feb orders out)
- ZWave module: Didn't get the parts as promised by a vendor, looking for another vendor (possible delay to May?)
- Temperature / humidity module: delayed, not in stock, possible delivery in April

So when I was careful to ask if these two items would delay shipping, I got "nope, they are in stock." So now I have no way of receiving the Kickstarter board until May or June? And all of this does not come to me as communication from the company but from one poor soul on this forum, who I think would much rather discourse on programming than order fulfillment.

And for those who say I shouldn't be so impatient, you are looking at this wrong. I am looking for communication from the company not an exact delivery date. Also, if you really think about it, people should not put their idea on KickStarter if they're not ready to handle have a start up company. I've successfully founded two start ups and guided both through acquisition. It is not for the faint of heart or someone looking for a steady 8-5 job. So there's that...
Hi
I'm a february baker ( number 163) . My status is still "Ready to ship". I 've received nothing. March backers  received their pine64. I 've ordered another pine64, a temperature sensor, a power supply. When should i receive my pledge and my order.

Thanks for your answer.
@philou, just based off of the temperature sensor, it should be sometime next month. The only March backers that have received their boards just got the board, no addons.

@TheMonkeyKing I understand your frustration, usually startups aren't super popular in the beginning like Pine64 was ($36k goal, $2.5M sales in 45 days), i honestly have no true idea why emails aren't being answered. If Pine64 gave one big transparent post about all shipping statuses and delays, i think that would answer most of our questions. Still waiting for mine ;-;
(03-31-2016, 10:37 AM)pine.tree Wrote: @philou, just based off of the temperature sensor, it should be sometime next month. The only March backers that have received their boards just got the board, no addons.

Such a big delay to receive all the parts just for a little sensor. What should i do to not  wait so long to received a pine64? Is it possible to receive the pledge first and the order next? Could i cancel the order of the sensor?
I wish i could answer that, but as always, email "support@pine64.com" with your order details, and what you want. Looking back i would have preferred to get my addons seperate, as i don't really need the addons, they were going to be cool things for the side. Hopefully your email gets answered! Smile
(03-31-2016, 07:42 AM)macacob Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 04:48 AM)monsieurmarc Wrote: After spending almost a month trying to get my address changed.
Having emailed sales@pine.com support@pine.com, posting here and on Kickstarter absolutely nothing has happened, no one has attempted to change my address and indeed sales say I cannot despite the kickstarter update claiming I can.

Well as of today I don't live at my old address so thank you very much Pine for being so spectacularly useless that even with a month of contact attempts you have done nothing and guaranteed I will never receive the items I paid to back.

Not to excuse the lack of customer service, but are you located in the US?  If so just register a change of address form and forwarding request with the USPS and you should still receive it no problem.  

There do need to be some clear instructions and a process for address changes.  Especially for something like this where the risk for delays are so great.
Thanks for the suggestion but sadly i am in the UK not the USA but I will see if usps do that here.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
@Pine.tree: Good luck to you! I hope you get your order soon.

BTW, what are your intentions for the hardware?

For me, I want to see if this board could function as a home grown "Wink"-like hub. (http://www.wink.com/products/wink-hub/)
The Wink fails because of two things: 1) no Ethernet connection, it must be accessed from a phone or tablet and 2) Must be connected to the Internet for things like IFTTT. There is a local version of something similar to IFTTT that I think people will really appreciate. So if I connect the Z-Wave and some environmental sensors, then I can build a truly for-home product at half the price with more functions.
I just checked backerkit and it has my tracking number! cant wait to get it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? Randomuser 5 2,964 12-17-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: ashvaganda
  Shipping Alternatives for USA customers FOSSagent0 4 2,680 05-13-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Shipping to Canada extremely costly cptantiles 1 1,068 02-28-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: calinb
  Shipping TO Hong Kong? hker 1 2,013 07-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Last Post: RuTrainsurfer
  Shipping stuck in: "Airlines Receive" for nearly a month KiteX3 12 7,954 03-26-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Have EU pinephones started shipping since CNY? baigan 6 5,189 02-28-2022, 10:55 PM
Last Post: tllim
  No more standard shipping? kqlnut 3 3,664 07-19-2021, 05:45 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Question PineBook Pro shipping to India User 22380 2 4,303 06-25-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: User 22380
  no shipping notice on my purchase restiforin 0 2,211 06-13-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: restiforin
  Shipping service used in Canada MikeJewski 6 11,889 05-17-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: optimus