Shipping Progress
(03-21-2016, 12:01 AM)wlinville Wrote: All already or will be in stock on this week except the I2C multiport POT.
I ordered 3 of the 2gb boards for February and 3 power supplies... I personally really appreciate you giving updates on this thread and can't wait to get the board after my new rpi3 turned out to be a hot mess. I just hope the software is all sorted out, unlike the rpi3. As the rpi3 gets more unreasonable, i hope this becomes a good replacement. 2gb of ram? My heros.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

While I don't have a RaspberryPi3, (but many Pi1 and 2) - the Linux support from everything put out by the RaspberryPi Foundation has been the best of all SBCs by far.  I find it hard to believe that the Rpi3 would be an exception to that.

Off topic... but what sort of problems did you run into?

(03-20-2016, 08:59 PM)alid Wrote:
(03-19-2016, 08:06 AM)Triggernometry Wrote: Some concerns:

As backer #1280 (2Gb feb delivery), I've yet to receive any shipping notification despite completing the survey a month ago and showing a "Ready to ship" status for three weeks now.  How does the alleged rate of 400-500 shipments per day hold any water?  Mine should have been shipped day 4, worst case scenario.

We've seen pictures of boxes (whether or not they are empty is another matter left open, as we've not been updated with new images of the boards), but I've heard some people report they received bent/warped boards, and subsequently the attempt to blame this on shipping handling.  How are these boards arriving bent if they're shipped in boxes?

Knowing the boards themselves were late per stated product development goals, why were add-ons offered under the pretense they would not further contribute to delays? Conversely, could the development of the add-ons, mostly outside the KS project scope, have been the cause for the delays of the boards themselves?
I have exactly the same set of questions.

I've tried to get answers to these questions as well.

tllim suggested emailing questions like these to support@pine64.com , so that's what I did.  You may want to do the same.  I'm still waiting, but it's only been a few business days.

I can post back when I hear something.
(03-21-2016, 12:01 AM)wlinville Wrote:
(03-20-2016, 09:25 AM)tllim Wrote:
(03-20-2016, 02:30 AM)g_t_j Wrote: I thought we had just been waiting for some extras like the airmouse..

So, from what I get,  no 2gb version has been posted yet and will not until the 28th.

The early bird 2GB dispatch already started 3 days go.

(03-20-2016, 04:45 AM)peterz Wrote: Hi tllim,

could you please make a list of ALL components available in backerkit webpage with status (in stock, will be delivered to your office 1st of April, ... )?

I'm March backer and ordered these components
3x 2GB PINE board
2x 1GB PINE board
1x PINE64 5V 2A Power Supply - International
1x camera module
2x wifi/BT module
2x PINE64 Acrylic Open Enclosure
2x PoE Splitter comply to 802.3af standard
1x PINE64 12C Multiport POT

are these all in stock? If not what is not yet ready for shipment and when will be?
Were all modules assembled for everyone within kickstarted campaign or you making assembly orders in "waves" (by wave I mean lets say 500pcs of component XYZ)?
How much of all ~37000 orders has been shipped already?

I'm backer # above 25000. I've seen some early February backers who hasn't received their boards yet. I'm trying to figure out when mine "bundle" will arrive.

BR,
Peter

All already or will be in stock on this week except the I2C multiport POT.
I ordered 3 of the 2gb boards for February and 3 power supplies... I personally really appreciate you giving updates on this thread and can't wait to get the board after my new rpi3 turned out to be a hot mess. I just hope the software is all sorted out, unlike the rpi3. As the rpi3 gets more unreasonable, i hope this becomes a good replacement. 2gb of ram? My heros.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Based on description, should be out on next week. I thinks this is good replacement :-)
Most of the early bird single 2G board order should be out by now.

(03-21-2016, 07:43 AM)jswizle9386 Wrote: I was an early bird backer and upgraded to the 2gb board when the surveys were sent out. My credit card was charged almost a month ago. Any idea on when you will be shipping out? 

Sounds like you should be the tracking number on next 2 days, The shipping facility just pass the tracking info over to KS team, this is manual processing :-(
I supported the 2GB March delivery and then bought the Z-wave and Humidity Temperature Sensor add-ons.

I guess if someone started a grid, then people could sorta expect when their shipments go out.

What we know (or, more specifically I am assuming based on postings):
 - (Without addons) 1GB Pines have shipped out for February and March
 - (Without addons) 2GB Pines will be shipping at the end of this week (Easter weekend)
 - Some modules and addons will delay shipments since these are most likely a bundled shipment (so the Pine crew doesn't have to worry about missing components or missed shipments)
  - Things that delay shipment are:
         - all cases
         - battery backup
         - foreign orders
         - ???

So for mine (Z-wave and hum/temp sensor), are these items deemed as delays too? We could go item by item to show what will cause a delay and what will not. I know earlier some things were said about specific items not delaying shipment but stocked items and expected stocked items are two very different things. One thing to keep in mind is that this is a successful venture because these items are being created and they are being shipped. Some "successfully funded" projects never get this far. So yes, everything is a risk.
(03-21-2016, 07:43 AM)jswizle9386 Wrote: I was an early bird backer and upgraded to the 2gb board when the surveys were sent out. My credit card was charged almost a month ago. Any idea on when you will be shipping out? 

May be already ship out and prepare to ship out on next 2 days. There are more than 2500 shipments out (all 2GB board) on pass 3 days and will takes a while for KS team manually key in tracking number and inform backers.
(03-21-2016, 02:26 PM)tllim Wrote:

May be already ship out and prepare to ship out on next 2 days. There are more than 2500 shipments out (all 2GB board) on pass 3 days and will takes a while for KS team manually key in tracking number and inform backers.

Has the airmouse and the extra accessories arrived yet?  Cheers!
(03-21-2016, 01:59 PM)TheMonkeyKing Wrote: I supported the 2GB March delivery and then bought the Z-wave and Humidity Temperature Sensor add-ons.

I guess if someone started a grid, then people could sorta expect when their shipments go out.

- (Without addons) 2GB Pines will be shipping at the end of this week (Easter weekend)
 - Some modules and addons will delay shipments since these are most likely a bundled shipment (so the Pine crew doesn't have to worry about missing components or missed shipments)
         - all cases
         - battery backup
         - foreign orders
         - ???

So for mine (Z-wave and hum/temp sensor), are these items deemed as delays too? We could go item by item to show what will cause a delay and what will not. I know earlier some things were said about specific items not delaying shipment but stocked items and expected stocked items are two very different things. One thing to keep in mind is that this is a successful venture because these items are being created and they are being shipped. Some "successfully funded" projects never get this far. So yes, everything is a risk.
The ZWave module only available on mid to late April. Mitsumi just inform us on last week that Sigma Designs no longer want to sell the Zwave chip to them to build Mitsumi module and they forced to inform this bad news to all their customers. Today we just secure down Sigma Designs ZM5304 modules order and will deliver to us on this week. However due to Mitsumi and Sigma Designs modules are no pin compatible, we need to relayout the ZWave board on this week and prepare for production in 2-3 weeks time.
There are always a lot of surprises when dealing with multiple products in manufacturing lines on such short period of time, heart attack is for sure and just always keep my finger cross. I don't want to post such info and just cause our backer unease.
Another story - I never think about Taiwan earthquake happens 2 months ago actually affected Pine A64 production due to Realtek Ethernet phy chip currently in severe shortage. Looks like Realtek silicon wafer (sensitive to movement) affected by the earthquake. Thanks to our manufacturer still able secure enough parts to keep the production run week by week and enough for us to ship out to backers. However, I almost fainted when knows about this news two weeks ago.
The long lead time are the cases (except acrylic one) and add-on modules. Other items mostly already in stock.

(03-21-2016, 02:35 PM)g_t_j Wrote:

Air mouse already arrived.
(03-21-2016, 02:49 PM)tllim Wrote:
(03-21-2016, 01:59 PM)TheMonkeyKing Wrote: I supported the 2GB March delivery and then bought the Z-wave and Humidity Temperature Sensor add-ons.

- all cases
         - battery backup
         - foreign orders
         - ???

The ZWave module only available on mid to late April. Mitsumi just inform us on last week that Sigma Designs no longer want to sell the Zwave chip to them to build Mitsumi module and they forced to inform this bad news to all their customers. Today we just secure down Sigma Designs ZM5304 modules order and will deliver to us on this week. However due to Mitsumi and Sigma Designs modules are no pin compatible, we need to relayout the ZWave board on this week and prepare for production in 2-3 weeks time.
There are always a lot of surprises when dealing with multiple products in manufacturing lines on such short period of time, heart attack is for sure and just always keep my finger cross. I don't want to post such info and just cause our backer unease.
Another story - I never think about Taiwan earthquake happens 2 months ago actually affected Pine A64 production due to Realtek Ethernet phy chip currently in severe shortage. Looks like Realtek silicon wafer (sensitive to movement) affected by the earthquake. Thanks to our manufacturer still able secure enough parts to keep the production run week by week and enough for us to ship out to backers. However, I almost fainted when knows about this news two weeks ago.
The long lead time are the cases (except acrylic one) and add-on modules. Other items mostly already in stock.

(03-21-2016, 02:35 PM)g_t_j Wrote:

Air mouse already arrived.
Great! Thanks.
(03-21-2016, 02:49 PM)tllim Wrote:

<SNIP>

Does this mean 2GB March backers who ordered the Z-Wave module will not receive their Pine in March?

Does this mean the Pine with Z-Wave purchases should expect a delivery date sometime in May?

Is there an option to cancel add-ons to ensure a timely arrival of the backed primary component? (Pine board)
Starting to think that I will not get my board, or that it will be damaged , derived from looking through this topic.
Should have had a tracking number by now. I have been hearing any day now, since February. I am usually a patient person, but when the 
kickstarter page says go to a forum, and no one has answers in that forum, I tend to think something is a-miss.
I am a backer that had the order locked down with no notification and I had an old address, I'm happy to report they were able to update my info and I was able to confirm the updated address in backerkit! For you early backers I would suggest contacting support@pine64.org with specific questions about your order as that may help, I believe tllim has a higher level view of things and doesn't see the individual orders, contacting support directly may yield you a clearer answer, It may not...

Also can we get updated pics of the playbox enclosure? have they arrived yet? are the enclosures, touchscreen or battery delaying those shipments? I'm just trying to set my expectations at this point... Backer#21,169

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? Randomuser 5 2,961 12-17-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: ashvaganda
  Shipping Alternatives for USA customers FOSSagent0 4 2,675 05-13-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Shipping to Canada extremely costly cptantiles 1 1,062 02-28-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: calinb
  Shipping TO Hong Kong? hker 1 2,009 07-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Last Post: RuTrainsurfer
  Shipping stuck in: "Airlines Receive" for nearly a month KiteX3 12 7,948 03-26-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Have EU pinephones started shipping since CNY? baigan 6 5,174 02-28-2022, 10:55 PM
Last Post: tllim
  No more standard shipping? kqlnut 3 3,658 07-19-2021, 05:45 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Question PineBook Pro shipping to India User 22380 2 4,297 06-25-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: User 22380
  no shipping notice on my purchase restiforin 0 2,208 06-13-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: restiforin
  Shipping service used in Canada MikeJewski 6 11,883 05-17-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: optimus