Shipping Progress
(06-04-2016, 08:06 PM)montero65 Wrote: tllim, I need to echo what RichT said.  WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON THAT STORE ORDERS ARE BEING SHIPPED AND DELIVERED BEFORE KICKSTARTER BACKERS???  We were promised multiple times that nothing else would be shipping out until EVERY Kickstarter order had been fulfilled.  Many of us have not had our stuff fulfilled, and now we are seeing people who ordered from the store deliver before both Kickstarters and pre-orders (there have been a few of them complaining on the forums, too).  I've been trying to wait patiently for my items to arrive (or even ship), but THAT is some bull!!  Care to explain?

Pure lack of information and false information once again. So when will the rest of KS orders go out?
Photo 
[attachment=253 Wrote:gbjensen pid='10424' dateline='1464266279']
(05-25-2016, 11:33 PM)hatman28 Wrote: I was very excited when I first found the Pine on the Internet. I researched it out, and decided I would give it a try. I placed my order on the 17th of February, knowing full well it would be May before I received it; NOT after according the email. I was okay with that and have been patiently waiting for my order. I also read every post about slow shipping and promised myself I would not follow suit, that it would come in due time and that was okay.

About three weeks ago, I was telling my co-worker about the pine, extolling the virtue of this startup, exclaiming all the possibilities. So, he gets excited and orders one. I informed him that he would need to be patient that he probably wouldn't receiving it until the end of June at this point, he was okay with that.

Tonight, I get to work and what do I get? My co-worker showing me an email that his pine has shipped. When I see this, I am excited because I know that if his shipped, mine shipped as well (same identical order placed months before his), but when I log in, what do I see? PROCESSING. This is starting to borderline on the absurd. I get that takes time but this would indicate chaos and complete lack of organization.

Maybe I should order a new Pine to get it fast Cool . (Backerkit status: Ready To Ship) What a shame the 2GB version is sold out.  Dodgy

I posted this as a joke, but obviously should I have ordered a new Pine if I want to get one. If shop orders has been delivered and I as a backer still have not got ANYTHING even not a tracking number. What is going on???

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-06-2016, 12:21 AM)gbjensen Wrote:
(05-26-2016, 06:37 AM)gbjensen Wrote:
(05-25-2016, 11:33 PM)hatman28 Wrote: I was very excited when I first found the Pine on the Internet. I researched it out, and decided I would give it a try. I placed my order on the 17th of February, knowing full well it would be May before I received it; NOT after according the email. I was okay with that and have been patiently waiting for my order. I also read every post about slow shipping and promised myself I would not follow suit, that it would come in due time and that was okay.

About three weeks ago, I was telling my co-worker about the pine, extolling the virtue of this startup, exclaiming all the possibilities. So, he gets excited and orders one. I informed him that he would need to be patient that he probably wouldn't receiving it until the end of June at this point, he was okay with that.

Tonight, I get to work and what do I get? My co-worker showing me an email that his pine has shipped. When I see this, I am excited because I know that if his shipped, mine shipped as well (same identical order placed months before his), but when I log in, what do I see? PROCESSING. This is starting to borderline on the absurd. I get that takes time but this would indicate chaos and complete lack of organization.

Maybe I should order a new Pine to get it fast Cool . (Backerkit status: Ready To Ship) What a shame the 2GB version is sold out.  Dodgy

I posted this as a joke, but obviously should I have ordered a new Pine if I want to get one. If shop orders has been delivered and I as a backer still have not got ANYTHING even not a tracking number. What is going on???
I have just checked the online store. 1 and 2GB versions are on stock today. I ordered a 2GB Pine64. So lets see what will arrive first. I would not be surprised if it's my order placed in the pine64.com online store today!
it is not only you guys. I ordered mine from the online store back in mid April with the promise that it will not be shipped later than May, but my order status shows as "unfulfilled". at this point we can't do anything except being patient.
By my guestimates, they might have shipped roughly around 30,000 orders by now. Going strictly off when they said they started shipping (March 1), and how much they said they were shipping (500-700 a day). Obviously, I'm probably most likely wrong because they don't offer the proper information on a regular basis to keep everyone sated and in the know.

If I was anywhere near close on the number, then mine should have shipped already (backer 26,231). It's clear to me however, that I never would have received by board by March like I was supposed to. It was never possible. With this knowledge, going forward I will be more careful in backing kickstarter projects. Anything that has severely over shot their target, I won't bother paying extra for earlier delivery. Thats just wasted cash.
(06-04-2016, 11:56 AM)RichT Wrote: From the Store? You got a Store order before I got my Kickstarter order???

I think (and hope) it's just about shipping time.
Maybe your order is still in "secure checks" in Shenzhen or something else what could delay your shipping.
My forum topics:
• Create a WiFi hotspot on Debian 8
• Turn your Pine64 into a music server with mpd
• Adjust brightness of LCD on Armbian Desktop with 1 click
• My cases for Pine64 (acryl, lego & wood)

• Pine 64 - DACH - Facebook page for german-speaking Pine64-fans.
(06-06-2016, 12:22 PM)JulianM Wrote: I think (and hope) it's just about shipping time.
Maybe your order is still in "secure checks" in Shenzhen or something else what could delay your shipping.

If that were the case then why haven't I been told? According to Backerkit it's been sitting at "ready to ship" for well over a month now. The last update I was able to get out of anyone at Pine concerning my specific order was on May 9th, stating "your order will be in a batch that will begin shipping out in about 3-4 weeks. We will send you an email update when your package is sent out". Well here we are, four weeks and one day later, and not a peep.
Backer #29,562 - KS funded 23 Jan 2016 - Backerkit funded 10 Mar 2016
STATUS - RECEIVED - STILL WAITING FOR MY TRACKING NUMBER THOUGH...  Undecided
(06-06-2016, 12:59 PM)RichT Wrote: If that were the case then why haven't I been told? According to Backerkit it's been sitting at "ready to ship" for well over a month now.
This is just normal.
Here are so many peoples which received their boards without receiving any tracking numbers or updates in backerkit account.
My forum topics:
• Create a WiFi hotspot on Debian 8
• Turn your Pine64 into a music server with mpd
• Adjust brightness of LCD on Armbian Desktop with 1 click
• My cases for Pine64 (acryl, lego & wood)

• Pine 64 - DACH - Facebook page for german-speaking Pine64-fans.
Okay, so what is the Backerkit team really doing? If they offer all these services (see: https://www.backerkit.com/features) then why don't we see a Backerkit responder in this forum or at least a Backerkit series of emails?

Did they Pine team just pay for a small set of services (like the survey and add-ons shopping cart)? Even if it just those, Pine folks need a little more assistance from Backerkit. I think inexperience is showing all around. 

(06-06-2016, 01:04 PM)JulianM Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 12:59 PM)RichT Wrote: If that were the case then why haven't I been told? According to Backerkit it's been sitting at "ready to ship" for well over a month now.
This is just normal.
Here are so many peoples which received their boards without receiving any tracking numbers or updates in backerkit account.
I actually tried sending an email through BackerKit, and got a quick automated response from Pine that my message was received (although stated would take 7-9 days for a response). So it seems reaching out to BackerKit goes right to Pine anyway. My issue was I've only received a partial fulfillment, but BackerKit shows fulfilled, so wanted to make sure my missing add-ons weren't overlooked in case it was an issue on the BackerKit side.
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? Randomuser 5 2,967 12-17-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: ashvaganda
  Shipping Alternatives for USA customers FOSSagent0 4 2,682 05-13-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Shipping to Canada extremely costly cptantiles 1 1,073 02-28-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: calinb
  Shipping TO Hong Kong? hker 1 2,017 07-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Last Post: RuTrainsurfer
  Shipping stuck in: "Airlines Receive" for nearly a month KiteX3 12 7,971 03-26-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Have EU pinephones started shipping since CNY? baigan 6 5,193 02-28-2022, 10:55 PM
Last Post: tllim
  No more standard shipping? kqlnut 3 3,672 07-19-2021, 05:45 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Question PineBook Pro shipping to India User 22380 2 4,305 06-25-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: User 22380
  no shipping notice on my purchase restiforin 0 2,213 06-13-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: restiforin
  Shipping service used in Canada MikeJewski 6 11,896 05-17-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: optimus