Interested in Pine 64 board and Pinebook 64
(02-05-2017, 09:36 PM)KiloByte Wrote: Icenowy's near-mainline kernels work for me fine.  She released a few based on 4.9-rc, there's none for 4.10 but I'm currently using sunxi64-next-20170125 without a glitch.

Armbian is using Icenowy's branch too, this branch is already merged with 4.10-rc5 since 15 days.
Any updates on the Pinebook? We're nearing the end of February. Any updates on release date, OS, etc?
please watch for news on the wiki and the pine store.  the release day is supposed to be Feb 22/

Rolleyes
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Hi, this is my 1st post so hello to everyone in this forum.

Do we know something more about pinebook's launch date? any more details?
There are some prototypes out there amongst community developers and a new board revision should be out soon, that is what I know, so I guess it depends on how the new PCB works out...
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
Thanks for the fast reply, superb moderator.

probably i will made an order when possible of a pinebook plus pine64+ for run diet-pi, really those tiny and cheap machines shine with those kind of distros, imho.
(12-27-2016, 11:44 PM)tllim Wrote: Pinebook plan to release on middle to late February due to Chinese New Year (January 28). Chine factory close one week before CNY and resume back two weeks after CNY. Once factory up, it takes at least another week to gear up.

It is now mid march and they have not shipped anything.  I see they continue to BS just like before.  Do not trust these people.
(03-16-2017, 05:11 AM)Toriless Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 11:44 PM)tllim Wrote: Pinebook plan to release on middle to late February due to Chinese New Year (January 28). Chine factory close one week before CNY and resume back two weeks after CNY. Once factory up, it takes at least another week to gear up.

It is now mid march and they have not shipped anything.  I see they continue to BS just like before.  Do not trust these people.

You don't deserve answers.

... any time a factory is planning a distribution of a new product there are ALWAYS slips ( a l w a y s ).

This is why most companies like IBM (for instance) never pre-announce anything... that way they can't be accused of neglecting trust, nor of lying.

Based on current component availability and current factory schedules, the first batch of pinebooks is expected out by the end of March.  But, that may slip again;  and nobody can predict that.  On the other hand, what business is it of yours whether the pinebook ships at all ??  You have no right to know the ship schedule, and you have not right to have an explanation should they decide to not ship ever !  ( your arrogance is appalling ).
marcushh777    Cool

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(03-16-2017, 05:11 AM)Toriless Wrote: It is now mid march and they have not shipped anything.  I see they continue to BS just like before.  Do not trust these people.

I think Marcus got a little carried away there, and there may have been some confusion on that date also. I believe it was actually the SoPine which was to be released on the 22 Feb and was delayed by 2-3 days, but has been released. The Pinebook has only been tentatively scheduled as Q1 so far if my understanding is correct, and there has probably been a board revision or two more than expected due to feedback from testers and work on other projects. This could possibly have been better communicated, but that is where things stand. It was not a hard release date, and should not be taken that way. It is still coming, and will be even better than the originally intended product, so stay tuned!
(03-16-2017, 06:12 AM)pfeerick Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 05:11 AM)Toriless Wrote: It is now mid march and they have not shipped anything.  I see they continue to BS just like before.  Do not trust these people.

I think Marcus got a little carried away there, and there may have been some confusion on that date also. I believe it was actually the SoPine which was to be released on the 22 Feb and was delayed by 2-3 days, but has been released. The Pinebook has only been tentatively scheduled as Q1 so far if my understanding is correct, and there has probably been a board revision or two more than expected due to feedback from testers and work on other projects. This could possibly have been better communicated, but that is where things stand. It was not a hard release date, and should not be taken that way. It is still coming, and will be even better than the originally intended product, so stay tuned!

Yupper,  that's me, Mr "carried away" !  --I resemble that ...    Tongue

Seriously, the better approach from anyone (including Mr Toriless) is to politely "ask" for a clarification and try to find out what the facts are,  rather than bring on an unwarranted attack. In my experience the Pine Inc people "can" be trusted, and the Pine Inc people are not BS ing anyone.  So, that's why I got carried away.

I personally believe that people deserve the benefit of the doubt, and that its always best to get facts than to bring accusations.  Just saying...
marcushh777    Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dead Pinebook - fix it or spare parts? oloturia 2 2,207 03-19-2023, 03:38 PM
Last Post: oloturia
  Broken bottom case of PineBook 14 Mick 1 919 02-22-2023, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Mick
  Original 14" Pinebook an Orphan? vdicarlo 2 1,256 01-05-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: jezek
  Pinebook Users are a nobody leperotero 13 12,586 09-06-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: zapper
  Does anybody repair pinebook pro laptops for a fee? Tsvi Bar-David 0 956 09-05-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Tsvi Bar-David
  Pinebook with a broken screen and 2 eMMC's for sale. UK ONLY. frank-zappa 0 1,596 03-08-2022, 10:14 AM
Last Post: frank-zappa
  Pinebook to Pinebook Pro-esque upgrade kit sebboh 5 7,496 08-18-2021, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Corkonian
  new pinebook help ron_burgundy 5 7,681 12-17-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ron_burgundy
  Few questions about flashing to a MicroSD card on the Pinebook Pro SanjevR 6 9,607 12-07-2020, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SanjevR
  TOR Browser on the Pinebook Pro jay3gg 0 2,974 11-16-2020, 01:25 AM
Last Post: jay3gg