Ham RAdio
Greetings, Just wondering if there are any Ham Radio operators here with plans to use this with their station operation.

K5CYA
(12-12-2015, 11:27 AM)ChasFred Wrote: Greetings, Just wondering if there are any Ham Radio operators here with plans to use this with their station operation.

K5CYA

It's why I am buying it. I plan to run LINUX on it.

W3LNA
My plans are to use it with D-Star with my ID-51A and for PSK31 with my FT-817.  I will use it with the Android OS.
(12-13-2015, 10:11 AM)ChasFred Wrote: My plans are to use it with D-Star with my ID-51A and for PSK31 with my FT-817.  I will use it with the Android OS.

DStar also on my 51A and IC-5100A. No plans to do any other mode. I ran packet for years and lost interest in it.
I want to use the Pine for anything I can with Amateur Radio! If you have plans or the code you used to write a program or ANY and all info your willing to share about a project your doing I would love to take a look at it. Maybe even do it myself This is my first Single Board Computer never used one before so Any help would be wonderful. Thankx in Advance 73 KK6QIC
I plan on using it with my rtlsdr for casual listening and to check band conditions. I would also like to use it with DSD plus as a scanner..

K2RJJ
Amateur radio...? =0c So, we could, what, run our own little radio station??? Hmm, not sure about the legalities of that... I'd be too afraid to talk, and not have much to say anyways. And broadcasting music would surely be outside what you're allowed to do with purchased music? You know, 'for private use only' and that sort of thing.

It's a cool thought none-the-less.
(01-29-2016, 09:14 PM)Gearsoul Wrote: Amateur radio...? =0c So, we could, what, run our own little radio station??? Hmm, not sure about the legalities of that... I'd be too afraid to talk, and not have much to say anyways. And broadcasting music would surely be outside what you're allowed to do with purchased music? You know, 'for private use only' and that sort of thing.

It's a cool thought none-the-less.

Amateur radio (ham radio) is not pirate radio.
You need to get a licence and pass examinations to be a ham radio operator.

Amateur radio operators get to do cool stuff like talk to the International Space Station, transmit messages around the world by using the moon as a massive mirror, broadcast TV and pictures and much more.

One of these days I will get around to getting my licence and have lots of fun with people who mainly discuss the weather at their location and say 73 a lot.
I already know the phonetic alphabet so I'm halfway there Smile
Me too looking to run GQ Rx SDR and fildigi on this board........ would be great to see more things churn out for this community .

vu2upx
(12-12-2015, 11:27 AM)ChasFred Wrote: Greetings, Just wondering if there are any Ham Radio operators here with plans to use this with their station operation.

K5CYA

I plan to experiment with it. I have not looked much into Linux based software, but some thoughts are:
- Logging
- SDR radio control/display (controls, waterfall, etc.)
- Digital modes via Sound card (HF/VHF/UHF)

I will likely also use it with a Bit Scope (USB based O-scope/Digital Probe).

Bill KW9WR

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software defined radio SDR phonetic 7 19,918 08-22-2016, 05:06 AM
Last Post: KnReLe
  Ham Radio Repeater rneese 1 3,347 07-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Last Post: ngpacer