Android 6.0 Tablet and TV (release candidate, maintained)
(12-17-2016, 01:34 PM)Nittola Wrote: After I burned the image (6.0 TV) on the SD and then put it on the Pine64 (2 GB), the red led lights for some seconds and then turn off. Tried several times to turn on, but I obtain the same result everytime. No problem with Android 5.1.1. Possibly soultions?

have you tried unplugging power cable once and replugging it in?
(12-17-2016, 05:16 PM)ayufan Wrote: Nittola: I think that you have some problem with your install, as I did install downloaded image and it works correctly. How do you see that it is not working?

(12-17-2016, 05:43 PM)yantozhao Wrote:
(12-17-2016, 01:34 PM)Nittola Wrote: After I burned the image (6.0 TV) on the SD and then put it on the Pine64 (2 GB), the red led lights for some seconds and then turn off. Tried several times to turn on, but I obtain the same result everytime. No problem with Android 5.1.1. Possibly soultions?

have you tried unplugging power cable once and replugging it in?

So, I tried to replug the power cable and it worked, Android started, but I can only move the mouse, the left click doesn't work. I turn it off, and I can see that the Pine doesn't start if I turn it on from the power button. I have to replug the cable every time. I'm reburning the image and see if there are differences
Power controls doesn't work correctly as there's something broken with the board wake up sources.
Homepage: https://ayufan.eu

Releases:
Rock/Pro 64/Pinebook Pro: LinuxChromium OS
So/Pine A64/Pinebook: LinuxAndroid 6.0Android 7.1

Buy me a Beer
(12-18-2016, 06:57 AM)ayufan Wrote: Power controls doesn't work correctly as there's something broken with the board wake up sources.

I burned the non-TV ROM and except VVVVID (a legaly streaming platform) all seems to work (I had problems with this app even with 5.1.1.). I don't think the board is broken, because as I said no problems with 5.1.1. and neither with 6.0 for now.
If you long hold the power button until the red LED goes out, you do not need to pull the plug to power back on. Just press and hold the power button until you see the red LED turn on and then brighten up once.
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.
Hi all,

thanks a lot for your work!!

In these months I tried always the android TV  7.0 and it work fine even if I have problem with DRM schema

Now I want to try the 6.0 to verify if it was more stable as stated by ayufan but I'm faciing some problems
I tried android-6.0-pine-a64-tv-v1.0.2-r21.img.gz
[url=https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/android-6.0/releases/download/1.0.2/android-6.0-pine-a64-tv-v1.0.2-r21.img.gz][/url]The image start but it is very slow and reboot when I try to setup google account.

I have PINE64+ card with 2 G  and wifi dongle.

I'm using the wired connection so I tried to switch off wifi , but I donìt know if there known problem with an hw setup like mine with also the dongle wifi

Are there other guys that have the same problem with 6.0 version.

I tried many 7.0 versions but I don't note the same problems

Thanks a lot
sriva63: use different SD card.
Homepage: https://ayufan.eu

Releases:
Rock/Pro 64/Pinebook Pro: LinuxChromium OS
So/Pine A64/Pinebook: LinuxAndroid 6.0Android 7.1

Buy me a Beer
so i was have trouble getting the image to load. my pine would turn on for a few seconds then power off. (power light lights for a few seconds, monitor flickers a bit, the power light goes off) I have my pine in the playbox with the lcd screen attached. i went into the config file and enabled the lcd, then the thing booted with BOTH lcd and my monitor.could it be the lcd screen being plugged into my PINE was giving me the hassle with this image? I'll test more later but still great this image works Smile THANKS!
Question 
Hi @ayufan, thank you for all your hard work on this OS, I really appreciate it!

I am trying to set up a couple of these boards for family to watch Netflix with, and Android TV 6 is the one I think will be best for now. It seems to be working well, and I was hoping to ask you two questions?

1. I believe we have to use the Netflix Android app (not the Android TV app) and so I have installed this, however it is hard to navigate with the Pine IR remote, as not all areas of the screen on the Netflix app can be accessed. For example, I don't seem to be able to choose a specific episode of a show to watch. Does this mean I should use a keyboard or mouse with this app? Or is it possible that the Android TV version of the Netflix app will work on the Pine64 in future?

2. I have noticed that the onscreen keyboard (I believe it is called the 'leanback' keyboard?) is a bit wrong. I think it might be slightly too large? I have uploaded some pictures (links below), hopefully you can see that the highlight circle is not properly over the letters (it rests over the 'search' button OK) and the bottom row of keys is not fully shown. Is this a bug, or something with my setup? (I am currently using it on a PC monitor, resolution 1920x1080@60Hz, on the 2GB Pine64 with your Android TV 6.0.0 v1.0.2 build 21 version.)
Picture 1 - selected 'd' key with the IR remote
Picture 2 - selected 'space bar' with the IR remote
Picture 3 - selected the 'search' button with the IR remote
Picture 4 - selected the 'p' key with the IR remote

Thank you for any advice you can offer, and thank you again for enabling this functionality for our Pine boards! Smile
(12-18-2016, 11:13 AM)Bluphire Wrote: If you long hold the power button until the red LED goes out, you do not need to pull the plug to power back on. Just press and hold the power button until you see the red LED turn on and then brighten up once.

It works, but it's not dangerous to do this everytime? With 5.1.1. I used only the button for doing everything, even closing (like a normal Android).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Shocked Remote for Android? liodra 18 29,528 12-23-2020, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Adding an accelerometer to Android modsbyus 11 16,711 11-02-2020, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Little_Johnny
  Android Things OS dqvsra 2 6,956 12-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Last Post: hangglider
  Is there another link for Android images? Maalth 3 7,023 10-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Android SDK Oreo NGC6691 2 5,585 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Putting Android 9 RockPro64 source into easier to manage repositories dazza5000 0 3,327 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Android 5.1.1 TV (old-stable, no longer maintained) ayufan 194 256,657 03-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: neosapien
  Issues with SD Card and Running Android Twistedx 0 3,537 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Twistedx
  Android 7.1 (PINE A64(+)) pineadmin 59 104,723 02-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: mmmarcus
  +LTS/SOPINE Android SDK support and Customization biplab777 1 4,660 01-07-2019, 01:21 AM
Last Post: tllim