Correct Voltage For Powering From Euler??
Hi all, it's a pleasure to be here on the forum. This is my first post, but I have been shaddowing on the site for quite some time. I finally received my Pine64 2G model and would like to power the device from the Euler port. I have various power adapters of varrying voltages and I have read reports of people using up to 5.2V over USB to power their device due to the voltage drop problem. However, I am not sure how this would apply to the Euler method. These are the power adapters I have:

- Offical Pine64 USB psu               @ 5.0V
- rpi3 Offical USB psu                     @ 5.1V
- GizmoJunkies rpi3 USB psu        @ 5.3v 

I don't want to burn the machine out so just wanted to check with you guys first to see which of the above would be best suited for this! I was leaning toward the rpi3 @ 5.1V but not too sure.

Thanks a bunch!
(10-10-2016, 08:02 PM)thisrestricted Wrote: Hi all, it's a pleasure to be here on the forum. This is my first post, but I have been shaddowing on the site for quite some time. I finally received my Pine64 2G model and would like to power the device from the Euler port. I have various power adapters of varrying voltages and I have read reports of people using up to 5.2V over USB to power their device due to the voltage drop problem. However, I am not sure how this would apply to the Euler method. These are the power adapters I have:

- Offical Pine64 USB psu               @ 5.0V
- rpi3 Offical USB psu                     @ 5.1V
- GizmoJunkies rpi3 USB psu        @ 5.3v 

I don't want to burn the machine out so just wanted to check with you guys first to see which of the above would be best suited for this! I was leaning toward the rpi3 @ 5.1V but not too sure.

Thanks a bunch!

I think 5.3V is overkill (someone more technical may be able to address this more factually), but 5.1V should be ok.

If using one of those power supplies you describe above, you will need to remove the micro USB connector and fashion your own Euler connector, such as the one shown here.
Thank you very much for your insight!

I think I might have posted this in an area where no one will see it unfortunately.

Anyone else have any insight into this that they might be able to add?

Thanks a ton!
hi, please study both of these threads (they are 'pinned' in DC IN):

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=1981

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=1982

(several pics are included)
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Hey , thanks a lot for the links! I had already gone through that thread with a fine tooth comb but the schematics will be of great use, thank you. Reading the thread is partly what brought about my confusion because it mentions the thicker guage RPI official PSU to be the best but specifically mentions the 5.0 volt model. The one I have is 5.1 - I don't think it will be a problem but I looked through those schematics and all I can find mentioned anywhers is 5.0v - I don't see any sort of voltage tolerance range (thats what i was looking for). I'm now a bit hesitant to use the 5.1 now.

Maybe a better way to ask this would be...

Does anyone currently run their pine on a PSU rated any higher than 5.0v? If so, what voltage? And, does it smoke?  xD

Thanks all! I appreciate all your responses.
Like others, running at 5.1V... through the euler bus... No smoke... No complain yet!
(10-18-2016, 04:37 AM)cr2016 Wrote: Like others, running at 5.1V... through the euler bus... No smoke... No complain yet!

DCIN of 5.1v is absolutely ok.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Okay, thank you both very much for confirming that! Big Grin

You guys rock, thanks so much for all the help!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Alternate Power DC-IN on the Euler Bus also with PI filter for batt operation MarkHaysHarris777 13 25,234 12-19-2020, 09:53 PM
Last Post: evilpete
  First cable for Euler Bus power done! AVL2016 24 32,544 10-05-2016, 06:43 AM
Last Post: Ghost
  Can I Use 2 Pine Power Supplies on 1 Pine A64 Board Using the Euler Port? Bob123456789 2 4,938 05-10-2016, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Bob123456789