Nexdock with Pine64 running RemixOS
I received a Nexdock which is basically a display and a bluetooth keybord. The idea is that with Nexdock you can turn your Pine64 into a laptop.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nexdo.../2028259#/

I'm running RemixOS 2.0 on my Pine64 2GB but I can't change the output resolution of the Pine64 to 1366x768.
1366x718 is the native resolution of the Nexdock.
Nexdock works together with Pine64, but all text is hard to read because of the wrong display setting.

Any solution or Remix OS update to fix this issue?

Thanks, Bart
(09-18-2016, 02:33 PM)bartvvr Wrote: I received a Nexdock which is basically a display and a bluetooth keybord. The idea is that with Nexdock you can turn your Pine64 into a laptop.

I'm running RemixOS 2.0 on my Pine64 2GB but I can't change the output resolution of the Pine64 to 1366x768.
Nexdock works together with Pine64, but all text is hard to read because of the wrong display setting.

Thanks, Bart

The best way is check with Nexdock, they have tried with Pine64. I don't have the Nexdock unit.
(09-18-2016, 02:33 PM)bartvvr Wrote: I received a Nexdock which is basically a display and a bluetooth keybord. The idea is that with Nexdock you can turn your Pine64 into a laptop.

Thanks, Bart

I've opened up a support ticket with Nexdock asking the the same things.  I'm hoping they have something in the KBs on a fix or can at least point us to the right direction.  I've not had the same issue running linux since we can tweak resolutions all day long.  If I get a response that's worth anything I'll pass it along here.  The other issue I've had has been the automatic pairing of the bluetooth keyboard/mouse. I did find a few apps that help do that at startup but they've been slightly inconsistent in when they work.

That was quick and the ball is back in RemixOS's court -

"Remix OS does not support 1366x768 resolution correctly yet and we there is not much we can do about this issue.

Sincerely,
NexDock Team"
I'm also interested in this as I have a nexdock coming the next few days.
I've read that the specific resolution is pretty dodgy so it makes no surpise it doesnt work well out of the box with the Pine.

Thing is there should be a utility in Android/remix/Debian image that should allow changing the resolution.
Open letter to Nexdock folks,
Previously both companies have communicated but I was not involved, and on my impression I thought that Pine A64 board already work well with Nexdock. Lets collaborate together again and exchange hardware to make sure that we serve our forum communities (Pine64 and Nexdock) well. As start, we will make an Android build that support 1366x768 configuration for Nexdock. You are welcome to PM or email me (tllim@pine64.org).

P/S: Somebody please help me to pass this message to Nexdock community. Thanks.

Cheers,
TL Lim
Pine64 founder

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  +LTS/SOPINE Raspberry Pi Piface2 board installed on a Pine64? coolio 0 2,390 11-26-2019, 11:39 AM
Last Post: coolio
  Can the Pine64 act as a bluetooth receiver? photojoe 7 9,824 11-04-2019, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Partymack711
  Battery for Pine64 steve8939 7 12,676 08-27-2017, 06:23 AM
Last Post: lijinraj