Photo data backup
Hi,

Can the Pine A64 do this, to do a photo image(Nikon JPG & NEF)  transfer directly from a SD card into a usb HDD. this will good for travel photographer.

Thank.

Jimmy Chiau
I think it would work for this purpose but it might take a lot of work to get it into a functional and portable enclosure that could be taken in travel bags. It is definatly possible to use a USB SD card reader and a hard drive but you would also need a USB Expanion for a mouse/keyboard as well as a portable display. Good luck with your PortaPhotoHarddrive!
i am getting A64 with a touch screen will this ease the display, keyboard and mouse issues?
Yes, it should but you would still need to have at least 4 USB ports on the board it currently only ships with two USB ports here is a USB hub on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-4-Port-Ind...sb+hub+usb
You could run the USB hard drive directly off the board and plug everything else you need to use into this

You would also need something like this USB SD card reader if you don't already have one http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-MicroSD-Rea...ard+reader

Oh and whatever your external hard drive uses power wise will need to be less than the maximum USB power output on the Pine 64 or have some kind of supplemental power
thank. my plan is just carry A64 with touch screen, one card reader and one SSD HD for my travel photographic, each evening just backup the photo from SD card and save into the SSD HD, that way i dun have to carry to many memory card anymore...
That sounds like a good way to solve the problem SSD use around the right amount of power I belive
I've had some USB disks with Y cables, where one cable plugs into the computer for data, and the other cable provides power. You could use a second USB wall wart to power the disk (or getting a single wall wart with multiple USB plugs).
(01-29-2016, 09:15 AM)MichaelMeissner Wrote: I've had some USB disks with Y cables, where one cable plugs into the computer for data, and the other cable provides power.  You could use a second USB wall wart to power the disk (or getting a single wall wart with multiple USB plugs).

Thank..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery backup and automatic shutdown and startup caseih 9 10,713 05-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Last Post: rahlquist