Debian LCD
I didn't know whether to post this in the Linux forum or this one, so I just picked this one.

I have the Pine64 with LCD. I would like to use it with the Debian Linux Distro. Is that possible? If so does someone have instructions?
It might be possible soon, but at the moment it is not possible.

We have a couple of people working on it, and one of them gave an estimate of about two weeks. I certainly would not hold my breath, but it might happen sooner than we thought at first.

The official answer is that only the LCD Android image works with the 7" LCD display from the Pine Store.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(09-08-2016, 03:08 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: It might be possible soon, but at the moment it is not possible.

We have a couple of people working on it, and one of them gave an estimate of about two weeks. I certainly would not hold my breath, but it might happen sooner than we thought at first.

The official answer is that only the LCD Android image works with the 7" LCD display from the Pine Store.

Thank you for the answer. I will stay tuned.
(09-08-2016, 03:08 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: It might be possible soon, but at the moment it is not possible.

This is exciting. I don't have the LCD display but I could see myself buying one if there was Linux support. Plus the development to support this could potentially be extended to support other LCD displays via the same connections - this port could end up outperforming the HDMI port in terms of flexibility.

I know that's a little "pie in the sky" thinking but I do like the direction of this.
(09-08-2016, 05:16 PM)psychedup Wrote:

This is exciting. I don't have the LCD display but I could see myself buying one if there was Linux support. Plus the development to support this could potentially be extended to support other LCD displays via the same connections - this port could end up outperforming the HDMI port in terms of flexibility.

I know that's a little "pie in the sky" thinking but I do like the direction of this.

Don't spread any rumors, and don't hold your breath; lets don't count our little chicks until they're hatched, as it were.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(09-08-2016, 05:30 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(09-08-2016, 05:16 PM)psychedup Wrote:

Don't spread any rumors, and don't hold your breath; lets don't count our little chicks until they're hatched, as it were.

Of course.
This thread is stale. Go here for pointers on how to get working:

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=1273&page=4