Can I use HDMI + USB touch screen?
I recently purchased a 7" touchscreen that uses HDMI for video and a USB connection for touch input. This is the specific product I purchased. Will this work with the P64+ board running Android? How would I set it up?
The only LCD touch screen that works with the PineA64 is the one provided through the Pine store and specifically designed to be used with the Android LCD image and the Pine board.

At this point in time no other LCD touch displays work with the Pine board.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
I've ordered the P64+ board to evaluate it for a self-service ordering kiosk I am building. The Pine LCD will work for testing, but we will need to make it work with other screens in the near future. What's the best way for us to build a custom integration with another screen?
(08-29-2016, 05:19 PM)Voyager Wrote: What's the best way for us to build a custom integration with another screen?

This is not possible at this time. 

... it was brought to my attention that there is a comment to the contrary on pine64.pro.  It is 'possible' in an esoteric sense to make the pine board work with other setups; however, due to legal, technical, and political issues outstanding it is not 'realistically' possible at this time to make the Pine board work with other LCD touch screens.

The Pine board was specifically designed as a closed system to use the Pine store LCD and only with the LCD Android image.  No other LCD touch screens will work with the Pine board, and the Pine LCD will not work with any other pine64.pro images at this time.
marcushh777    Cool

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(08-29-2016, 02:10 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: The only LCD touch screen that works with the PineA64 is the one provided through the Pine store and specifically designed to be used with the Android LCD image and the Pine board.

Huh? This LCD plugs in via the HDMI, and uses the USB for the touch interface. Surely the LCD at least would still work with the HDMI output Andoid image? , But the capacitive touch would be debatable depending on exactly how it is implemented? It was designed for the Raspberry Pi, so on linux it can't be hard to get it to work (if it doesn't work out of the box).
(08-29-2016, 07:24 PM)pfeerick Wrote:
(08-29-2016, 02:10 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: The only LCD touch screen that works with the PineA64 is the one provided through the Pine store and specifically designed to be used with the Android LCD image and the Pine board.

Huh? This LCD plugs in via the HDMI, and uses the USB for the touch interface. Surely the LCD at least would still work with the HDMI output Andoid image? , But the capacitive touch would be debatable depending on exactly how it is implemented? It was designed for the Raspberry Pi, so on linux it can't be hard to get it to work (if it doesn't work out of the box).

If someone finds an LCD that plugs into the hdmi and has a usb touch interface that works on Android, I will personally pin the reference to it sticky on this forum and start pointing people to it !

Big Grin

-
marcushh777    Cool

I found one at adafruit
https://www.adafruit.com/products/2301

There are many variations of it.
(08-31-2016, 08:20 AM)mus1c Wrote: I found one at adafruit
https://www.adafruit.com/products/2301

There are many variations of it.

Have you tested it ?
marcushh777    Cool

No but can be experimented
Wink 
(08-29-2016, 10:41 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(08-29-2016, 07:24 PM)pfeerick Wrote:

If someone finds an LCD that plugs into the hdmi and has a usb touch interface that works on Android, I will personally pin the reference to it sticky on this forum and start pointing people to it !

Big Grin

-

Well... maybe late but if you take a look here  http://www.instructables.com/id/Inexpens...er-Using-/   I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine's HDMI-VGA adapter SkimMilk 4 7,186 01-18-2017, 05:40 PM
Last Post: wpersin
  Can I plug in the Pine with touchscreen to My tv via HDMI? acv2boriqua 3 5,953 10-15-2016, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Bluphire
  LCD TOUCH SCREEN PANEL SuperArmySoldiers 2 4,313 07-23-2016, 02:36 PM
Last Post: SuperArmySoldiers
  HDMI --> VGA Adapter Compatibility marco97pa 18 20,556 05-08-2016, 04:05 AM
Last Post: frewind