System LED mounting option using header pins and remote LED for use in the ABS case

The pic above shows the modification to the PineA64 board , by adding just the male header pins to the board where the system LED is marked out.  You'll notice how I have removed the pins from the header spacer and soldered them directly into the pcb , at the right height of course. The female-male jumper wires have been soldered to the system LED ( I used a 5mm low power 'bright' LED here ) and they may be plugged into the male header pins easily without difficulty.

In the pic above I have connected the system LED via jumper cables to my male header pins in preparation for mounting this board in my Radio Shack enclosure.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(08-28-2016, 01:25 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: The pic above shows the modification to the PineA64 board , by adding just the male header pins to the board where the system LED is marked out.  You'll notice how I have removed the pins from the header spacer and soldered them directly into the pcb , at the right height of course. The female-male jumper wires have been soldered to the system LED ( I used a 5mm low power 'bright' LED here ) and they may be plugged into the male header pins easily without difficulty.

In the pic above I have connected the system LED via jumper cables to my male header pins in preparation for mounting this board in my Radio Shack enclosure.

Excellent. I was about to say 'I hope you have sunglasses handy' when I saw your mention of 'bright'... then realised you meant a standard 5mm diffused led... and a nice white one at that. The water-clear ones are the bright ones... and are usually annoying bright... why manufacturers thought they were a good idea as indicators I will never know... they are only good for lighting your room at night when you don't want it to be... and trying to blind you from the opposite end of the room if you happen to be sitting in line with them! No wonder there are several products on the market (a 'diffuser' sticker) that lets you tame them down! And if you happen to be doing DIY stuff and one to diffuse a water-clear one... sandpaper fixes that problem!  Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Testing the GPIO pins shockr 7 9,235 08-10-2016, 05:30 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Exp Header UART for TTL is True Serial Console (very nice) MarkHaysHarris777 12 16,605 08-01-2016, 10:37 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Mapping Euler bus DC in and 5v DC out pins g_t_j 8 10,231 07-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Last Post: tllim
  UART2 on PI header (pin 8 and 10) martinayotte 8 12,840 04-15-2016, 02:47 PM
Last Post: tkaiser