Pine64_health.sh problem
Hi,

I just noticed a problem with the above script and do not recall seeing this in the past. When I run it, I get the following:

debian@pine64:/usr/local/sbin$ sudo ./pine64_health.sh
CPU freq : 480.00 MHz
CPU count : 4
Governor : ondemand
Core voltage : 1.04 V
SOC Temp : 35 C
Cooling state : 0
cat: /sys/devices/soc.0/cpu_budget_cool.16/roomage: No such file or directory
Cooling limit :
debian@pine64:/usr/local/sbin$

Does anyone else see this? I am wondering if this could be related to the recent kernel update or if something else is going on.

Thank you!

Okay, so I figured this out. The path changed and the script is accessing the old one. The correct path is:

/sys/devices/soc.0/cpu_budget_cool.17/roomage

I am not sure why it changed.

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk
(08-25-2016, 06:57 PM)jl_678 Wrote: Hi,

I just noticed a problem with the above script and do not recall seeing this in the past. When I run it, I get the following:

debian@pine64:/usr/local/sbin$ sudo ./pine64_health.sh
CPU freq       : 480.00 MHz
CPU count      : 4
Governor       : ondemand
Core voltage   : 1.04 V
SOC Temp       : 35 C
Cooling state  : 0
cat: /sys/devices/soc.0/cpu_budget_cool.16/roomage: No such file or directory
Cooling limit  :
debian@pine64:/usr/local/sbin$

Does anyone else see this? I am wondering if this could be related to the recent kernel update or if something else is going on.

Thank you!

Okay,  so I figured this out. The path changed and the script is accessing the old one. The correct path is:

/sys/devices/soc.0/cpu_budget_cool.17/roomage

I am not sure why it changed.

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk

Confirmed. It looks like with the a recent kernel update the number changed for some reason. There is an updated script (from five days ago), but it isn't updated as part of the kernel or uboot update, as it's not part of the kernel or uboot! Big Grin

You can update the script by running the following command (and you may need to be logged in as root via sudo -i):

Code:
curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/longsleep/build-pine64-image/master/simpleimage/platform-scripts/pine64_health.sh -o /usr/local/sbin/pine64_health.sh

You might also be interested in the pine64_tune_network.sh script if you haven't seen the recent discussion on it, as that was also added then.

Code:
curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/longsleep/build-pine64-image/master/simpleimage/platform-scripts/pine64_tune_network.sh > /usr/local/sbin/pine64_tune_network.sh

Unless you're changed the permissions of the /usr/local/sbin directory, you'll want to be logged in as root (sudo -i) to download this one, and you'll need to make the script executable after download it (chmod +x /usr/local/sbin/pine64_tune_network.sh).
Hi,

These worked perfectly. Thank you also for the alert on the Ethernet tune script. I added that one too. Is there an easy way to track these changes in the future? I was unaware that the script had changed.

Thank you.
(08-26-2016, 05:54 AM)jl_678 Wrote: Hi,

These worked perfectly. Thank you also for the alert on the Ethernet tune script. I added that one too. Is there an easy way to track these changes in the future? I was unaware that the script had changed.

Thank you.

No problem. 

Thanks for reminding me... I meant to include the link. Best page to check for updates to the helper scripts is on the github repo page.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pine64 problem reboot ludo77 1 3,795 10-23-2017, 04:47 PM
Last Post: tllim
  problem pine64 when reboot ludo77 2 4,470 10-23-2017, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Luke
  OpenWRT supports ARMv8 - arm64, u-boot problem? rgdonato 4 6,667 03-20-2017, 03:59 PM
Last Post: rgdonato
  HDMI overscan problem Terra854 10 14,176 05-30-2016, 10:12 PM
Last Post: gdjsky01