Android 5.1.1 TV (old-stable, no longer maintained)
Great image. But internal storage is very small. It is impossible to install applications on it.
Resize it. Instruction is the same as here: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=2136
Homepage: https://ayufan.eu

Releases:
Rock/Pro 64/Pinebook Pro: LinuxChromium OS
So/Pine A64/Pinebook: LinuxAndroid 6.0Android 7.1

Buy me a Beer
Got the image from the wiki page (android-ver5.1.1-20160711-pine64-8GB.zip). Don't know if it's the latest one but as mentionned previously it was not possible to download it from jenkins.ayufan.eu; the transfer stopped after few MB.

Had to reboot several times to get the ethernet to work but so far so good, thanks!

A simple question however: how to you make a clean shutdown/power-off? I did not find any restart/shutdown button; do you just unplug it?
If you havn't mounted a power button on the board in the space provided down between the headphones socket and usb sockets (which you could then long press just like with a tablet to get the power off menu), there is an app called Power off that someone else has tried and found working (on the rooted image). Just pulling the plug should be a last resort, as it could result in file system corruption in the long term.

(09-18-2016, 04:11 PM)cr2016 Wrote: Got the image from the wiki page (android-ver5.1.1-20160711-pine64-8GB.zip). Don't know if it's the latest one but as mentionned previously it was not possible to download it from jenkins.ayufan.eu; the transfer stopped after few MB.

Had to reboot several times to get the ethernet to work but so far so good, thanks!

A simple question however: how to you make a clean shutdown/power-off? I did not find any restart/shutdown button; do you just unplug it?
(09-18-2016, 04:11 PM)cr2016 Wrote: Got the image from the wiki page (android-ver5.1.1-20160711-pine64-8GB.zip). Don't know if it's the latest one but as mentionned previously it was not possible to download it from jenkins.ayufan.eu; the transfer stopped after few MB.

That's a different image then this thread. That being said, pulling the plug or installing the power switch will work. I just leave mine running though.
Oh! Finaly got the good image!

Is it mandatory to have a google account to use this system? I cannot pass the second screen.
same boat here. I've reset, I've unplugged.. I get to the wifi selection screen and oddly appear locked out from continuing. I can go back, system isn't frozen, but i cannot select the access point or any other wifi network. What gives? Appreciate the work you've done but i'm stumped beyond the information that has been provided here. Any more help? Thanks
(09-18-2016, 11:40 PM)water Wrote: same boat here. I've reset, I've unplugged.. I get to the wifi selection screen and oddly appear locked out from continuing. I can go back, system isn't frozen, but i cannot select the access point or any other wifi network. What gives? Appreciate the work you've done but i'm stumped beyond the information that has been provided here. Any more help? Thanks

Do you have a keyboard connected?

I had the same problem but I only got a mouse connected, when I connected the keyboard I could press enter to choose the wifi network I wanted and could continue the initial setup.

BR

//M
(09-18-2016, 06:15 PM)pfeerick Wrote: If you havn't mounted a power button on the board in the space provided down between the headphones socket and usb sockets (which you could then long press just like with a tablet to get the power off menu), there is an app called Power off that someone else has tried and found working (on the rooted image). Just pulling the plug should be a last resort, as it could result in file system corruption in the long term.

Thanks for the info. The image was not the rooted one, but good to know in case.

As for the power-button.
I did solder it on the board but probably abused it because of the issues I have between the linux hdmi output and the monitor. The temporary contact became a permanent one  Blush  It was not possible to power the board anymore, I removed the button! I will use external ones connected to the bus (well... forgot witch one right now).
(09-18-2016, 02:59 PM)ayufan Wrote: Resize it. Instruction is the same as here: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=2136

ayufan;

Thank you so much for your efforts.  This is what I had wanted for my Pine64 System.  Android TV.

using your 5.1.1 image.  Could not get your 7.0 image to let me pass the log in screen.

Have found a few issues with the 5.1.1.  14 image Wonder if others are seeing them and if you can fix them. 

1.  I am just using the Pine64 remote.  No keyboard.  There is no virtual keyboard to use for inputting items.  Like in Youtube search or Google Play search.  We have no microphone attached.  Is it possible to get a virtual keyboard?

2.  When I run the Youtube APP that was on the image.  I get the error "There was a problem signing in to your account".  I am logged in with my account.  No way inside of the Youtube APP to fix the log in.  Anyone seeing this?  Is there a fix?

Not doing any 4K, but it works nice on my 1080P LED Samsung unit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android 6.0 Tablet and TV (release candidate, maintained) ayufan 228 381,693 12-29-2020, 01:13 AM
Last Post: firmwarefile
Shocked Remote for Android? liodra 18 29,148 12-23-2020, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Adding an accelerometer to Android modsbyus 11 16,517 11-02-2020, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Little_Johnny
  Android Things OS dqvsra 2 6,861 12-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Last Post: hangglider
  Is there another link for Android images? Maalth 3 6,930 10-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Android SDK Oreo NGC6691 2 5,517 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Putting Android 9 RockPro64 source into easier to manage repositories dazza5000 0 3,289 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Issues with SD Card and Running Android Twistedx 0 3,492 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Twistedx
  Android 7.1 (PINE A64(+)) pineadmin 59 103,755 02-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: mmmarcus
  +LTS/SOPINE Android SDK support and Customization biplab777 1 4,601 01-07-2019, 01:21 AM
Last Post: tllim