Archlinux VLC
This is the last OS I haven't tried yet.

How do you install VLC on Archlinux????
My question is; Is it the same as installing an app on Ubuntu? Is it the same lines in terminal as Ubuntu? I don't get the $ in the terminal but a # instead

OK found the answer for that one
"If the last character of your shell prompt is # rather than $, you are operating as the superuser. This means that you have administrative privileges. This can be potentially dangerous, since you are able to delete or overwrite any file on the system. Unless you absolutely need administrative privileges, do not operate as the superuser."

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install vlc

sudo apt-get install mozilla-plugin-vlc

Doesn't seem to do anything
hi, archlinux is really not supported for PineA64 any longer... by that I mean that it won't be receiving any more updates.  We recommend you use either ubuntu or debian;  we also have Gentoo now if your interested in trying that.

Both debian and ubuntu are 'debian' derivatives; and they both use [ apt search ] and apt-get, which are designed to pull from debian repositories.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
I find Ubuntu too bloated for what I need. All I need is a terminal, VLC, Kodi and Chrome.

Does Debian come with the minimum?
(08-13-2016, 04:50 PM)AUDIOTEK Wrote: I find Ubuntu too bloated for what I need. All I need is a terminal, VLC, Kodi and Chrome.

Both of them come with a 'minimum'.

... we call them 'base' images (there is no desktop) and you can run them headless if you want... or you can load over the top of either base what you want.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(08-13-2016, 04:50 PM)AUDIOTEK Wrote: I find Ubuntu too bloated for what I need. All I need is a terminal, VLC, Kodi and Chrome.

Gentoo should deliver all those without the bloat.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how about this non-offical archlinux ? joe 1 5,084 02-12-2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Kodi on Archlinux arm? mike-bar 5 11,004 05-06-2016, 04:26 PM
Last Post: lenny.raposo-pine64.pro
  Archlinux up and Running scnd 4 7,202 04-30-2016, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Leoncito81