Trouble setting up psensor (or any other)
Hi everyone.

Just got my Pine64+ 2GB! Wow! what a piece on hardware for the price. I setup zoneminder on it already. WOW! Just WOW!

I would like a little help from the community on monitoring my Pine64+'s temperature.

I've built a Poor Man's Heatsink Setupand wish to push this a little further with psensor.

I know about "watch -n 1 cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp" and it gives me proper temperature. But I fail to setup psensor to monitor from the GUI without the need of an opened terminal.

And psensor is only giving me 30 deg C for a virtual-battery that I don't really have.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Regards.

Marc
If you get 30C then your tool is reading from /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone1/temp which is the battery sensor, which reports as 30C if no battery is connected...
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
Thanks xalius. I figured as much as per 
(08-10-2016, 08:00 AM)DukeJustice Wrote: And psensor is only giving me 30 deg C for a virtual-battery that I don't really have.

I tried looking at lm-sensors.org, but the website has been down for ages.

Any ideas?
i used psensor on a nvidia tx1. there are config options allowing you to select which sensor is being reported. my experience was that it was accurate based on using ir laser temp gun.
Hi.

My problem is reporting Pine64's CPU temp. Not nvidia chips.

Any ideas?
Best regards.

Marc "Duke Justice" Arbour
See my Pine64+ 2GB Poor Man's Heatsink Setup
DukeJustice, did you apt-get the dependencies:

sudo apt-get install lm-sensors hddtemp

Also, the PineA64 is a little goofy about this... on the Raspberry PI for instance, the zone0 and zone1 are both GPU... well, one is the GPU, and the other is the CPU, but they are usually similar within a degree or so... anyway, zone1 is NOT the batt.

I'm thinking you can fool psensor into reading zone0 by setting up a symlink from zone1 to zone0. It still reads zone1, but instead gets zone0 reading !
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Yes. Thanks for the note on hddtemp. did install it.

I have thought of that but I cannot remove /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp as I'm told operation is not permitted. Even with real sudo privileges.

Have any other idea? I'm stumped.
Best regards.

So far, my attempts to adjust the dts|dtb have failed.

... see if you can pull the temp in psensor from zone0.

(still studying the dts thermal_sensor and thermal_zone section)
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Brick 
I just got started on my Pine64 512MB,I first download the ubuntu image from here 
https://www.pine64.pro/getting-started-linux/ After I burn the image to the microSD card I was able to boot Ubuntu image, but I ran into ERROR
It says Sensor Register check error at immut num = 1
And it just STOP Scrolling after that !!
http://prnt.sc/c68mu9
Does the Pine64 ubuntu 16.04 image work on 512MB Ram ?

Attached Files
.txt   resize-sh.txt (Size: 3.68 KB / Downloads: 294)
(08-15-2016, 08:43 PM)Mpoint Wrote: I just got started on my Pine64 512MB,I first download the ubuntu image from here 
https://www.pine64.pro/getting-started-linux/ After I burn the image to the microSD card I was able to boot Ubuntu image, but I ran into ERROR
It says Sensor Register check error at immut num = 1
And it just STOP Scrolling after that !!
http://prnt.sc/c68mu9
Does the Pine64 ubuntu 16.04 image work on 512MB Ram ?

Hi Mpoint. Welcome to this growing community.

512Mb? I don't see why not. It should in my opinion.

To get you started:
  1. have you checked your md5 checksum on the file you downloaded before Burning to SD? It may have been corrupt.
  2. if ok, can you reburn the image and retry? maybe there was a problem.
  3. Depending on the download you used, did you unzip it before using gnome-disks (or the like) to burn? If you used the compressed image directly (as I often do), try decompressing it first.
As I am not an admin myself and can't interact with the threads: May I suggest you open up your own thread in the Linux -> Ubuntu forums? They will help you with setup. This current forums is just for overclocking and heat dissipation.

Have a great day.
Best regards.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clock Setting 12 hrs coolnine98 2 5,656 06-30-2022, 09:38 AM
Last Post: sblaydes
  How to change DSI setting value from DTS r.tanaka 8 11,789 08-28-2018, 03:52 AM
Last Post: r.tanaka
  having some trouble making a disk image winstonwang 1 3,056 08-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  display resolution setting frustrated1 6 8,260 07-04-2016, 02:55 AM
Last Post: cristiano