Thurderbird starts and then crashes every time
Thunderbird allwed me to set up the program but upon restart it crashes. Any suggestions?
Please tell us about your setup, and be as specific as possible?

tnx.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Probably the same reason as for Firefox. Its unstabl due to lack of users on arm64. Report your findings to their tracker and hope that someone is interested to fix things for arm64 userspace at some point in the future.
Any available working browser except Midori at this moment ?
I tried longlseep Xenial Ubuntu kernel and installed mate desktop but no funstional browser Smile
Help ?
Browsers are problematic on Pine64 - probably because it is not a designed for desktop use. However being inventive Pine64 users continue to extend the platform wherever they can. I have tried Firefox and Midori - also looked at some posts on Chrome. All seem to have their faults. There is no magic bullet. Firefox struggles with a lot of tabs. Two or three are ok. CPU useage then stays within reason. Midori is ok with a few tabs open but Ram tends to increase over time - possibly memory leakage? Some posts about Chrome also indicate problems.
(09-08-2016, 04:29 PM)S265 Wrote: Midori is ok with a few tabs open but Ram tends to increase over time - possibly memory leakage? 

midori has a memory leak;  keep the tabs less than six(6) and from time to time close the browser and reopen it.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(08-09-2016, 08:16 AM)Dougemerich Wrote: Thunderbird allwed me to set up the program but upon restart it crashes. Any suggestions?

Have you tried installing the armhf version of Thunderbird? 

Linux for arm64 is pretty new and a lot of software is either not yet ported or the ports are buggy. Ubuntu is multi-arch and armhf software will run on arm64 with proper libraries installed, and the package manager should handle for you.
Currently playing around with Arduinos, CHIPs, Orange Pis, PineA64s, Raspberry Pis, etc.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing OS for the first time (newbie) mikeardy 1 2,222 05-01-2022, 03:39 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Issue with NTP (Network Time Protocol) and RTC (Real Time Clock), timedatectl emilhem 0 2,521 08-07-2017, 07:37 AM
Last Post: emilhem