Cluster capable?
Wondering if clustering can be done? Probably not easily and meticulous. To be able to make a cluster of 32 of these things working together would be amazing.

I know it's ambitious being as though it hasnt even shipped yet, gotta dream big.
(01-25-2016, 03:24 AM)W1SPY Wrote: Wondering if clustering can be done? Probably not easily and meticulous. To be able to make a cluster of 32 of these things working together would be amazing.

I know it's ambitious being as though it hasnt even shipped yet, gotta dream big.

There was an update on the kickstarter regarding Pine64 teaming up with a company called PicoCluster, here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pin...ts/1455909

I think it is in the works. There are photos in this update of the Pine A64 on display on PicoCluster's stand at the CES, here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pin...ts/1464046
Oh i can't believe i missed that! Thank you!
When do you think the pico clusters will be available for pine 64? I sent their info team a message but they haven't responded.

I am guessing it will be a while as their raspberry pi clusters still are not available for purchase but I want to see what others think about this.
(01-25-2016, 01:38 PM)Nilocsemliw Wrote: When do you think the pico clusters will be available for pine 64? I sent their info team a message but they haven't responded.

I am guessing it will be a while as their raspberry pi clusters still are not available for purchase but I want to see what others think about this.

Picocluster alreadt start work on Pine64 version. However, this takes several months job.
(01-25-2016, 01:49 PM)tllim Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 01:38 PM)Nilocsemliw Wrote: When do you think the pico clusters will be available for pine 64? I sent their info team a message but they haven't responded.

Picocluster alreadt start work on Pine64 version. However, this takes several months job.

You should just need to install MPICH(or OpenMPI) on what ever version of linux the Pine gets, and then set up nodes and SSH between master and nodes if you wanted to give it a try yourself.  I should have ordered more Pines, wasn't even thinking about clustering them... grumble grumble grumble.
Here was the reply to my email to Picocluster.

Quote:We're going to launch our own kickstarter in the next few weeks, so you 
can order either a full cluster or a kit. We expect that we'll be able 
to deliver starting in June. It'll take that long to get enough of the 
boards and also to get a stable Linux release for the boards.

Follow us on twitter, facbook, or our email list to keep up to date. You 
can sign up for the email list on our web site.

Thanks!

- Craig

On 01/25/2016 12:32 PM, Colin wrote:
> When will the pine 64 clusters be available for consumer purchase.
>
> Thank you,
> Nilocsemliw (PinePlexed)
>
> Sent from my iPad
Instructables has an article  titled "How to make a Raspberry Pi Supercomputer".  The article can be used as a guide to build a Pine A64 cluster.  Because LINUX can be used with both Raspberry Pi and Pine A64 the procedure for setting up a Raspberry Pi cluster can be used with a Pine A64 cluster.   

hrh1818

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I started blogging on Pine64 Cluster salmangano 13 18,302 04-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Shad0wSt4R
  Cluster Software Madroxprime 1 5,409 04-03-2017, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Shad0wSt4R
  Cluster / Render Farm Ron Piggott 15 25,136 10-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Bargain 5 Node Cluster of PINE A64+ from Climber.net tllim 8 14,495 10-02-2016, 07:01 AM
Last Post: sheffield_nick
  Pine64 Cluster economy baryluk 5 11,008 06-19-2016, 09:13 AM
Last Post: JasperBrown
  cluster computing jproffer 20 35,911 05-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Last Post: pineresearch