Keystroke delay via ssh
When I'm working with my Pine64+ via the ssh/terminal my keystrokes are intermittently delayed and will hang for various  times. This is only happening with one of my 2 pine64+ boards the other no problem at all.
Is anyone else having this problem?
Cheers Henry Smile
hi henrycrum, ssh keyboard latency is a very common condition having more to do with networking than with your pine board , or with your keyboard.

... there are so many things related to keying latency using ssh including but not limited to routing, cabling, collisions, nameserver lookup, networking latency, pre-emptive multi-tasking, and a host of other things; often it never really gets debugged completely; it is annoying, and usually, there is nothing you can do about it, frankly. Its just one of those inherent natures of the beast using ssh...
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(08-02-2016, 08:43 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: hi henrycrum,  ssh keyboard latency is a very common condition having more to do with networking than with your pine board , or with your keyboard.

... there are so many things related to keying latency using ssh including but not limited to routing, cabling, collisions, nameserver lookup, networking latency, pre-emptive multi-tasking, and a host of other things; often it never really gets debugged completely;  it is annoying, and usually, there is nothing you can do about it, frankly.  Its just one of those inherent natures of the beast using ssh...

Thanks MarkHaysHarris777, I've tidied up my network etc and all is seems to be good now.

Cheers Ian Shy
(08-03-2016, 07:29 PM)henrycrum Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 08:43 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: hi henrycrum,  ssh keyboard latency is a very common condition having more to do with networking than with your pine board , or with your keyboard.

... there are so many things related to keying latency using ssh including but not limited to routing, cabling, collisions, nameserver lookup, networking latency, pre-emptive multi-tasking, and a host of other things; often it never really gets debugged completely;  it is annoying, and usually, there is nothing you can do about it, frankly.  Its just one of those inherent natures of the beast using ssh...

Thanks MarkHaysHarris777, I've tidied up my network etc and all is seems to be good now.

Cheers Ian Shy

Well , that's certainly good news... I personally find latency issues a frustration; its always good to see them resolved somehow, and usually, we never really know how.   :}
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )