Earth to Pine64, please respond!
(07-27-2016, 12:36 PM)EvanBeem Wrote: Hi, thanks for taking the time to respond to me. I am happy to learn that the battery will arrive in due time. I understand why you need to change your policy, reading your mail. Your reply has taken the edge off my anger, so thanks for that.

My KS backer number is 13297. The issue concerns the charging of my credit card in May, whilst the entire pledge had already been paid in January.

Again, thanks for reaching out.
Regards, Erwin

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Sorry on the anger and glad to know my reply helps. If there is any further concern, please PM me and I will handle. I try to reply my PM with 48 hours time, but sometimes getting into slow response when traveling.
(07-30-2016, 07:15 PM)tllim Wrote:
(07-27-2016, 12:36 PM)EvanBeem Wrote: Hi, thanks for taking the time to respond to me. I am happy to learn that the battery will arrive in due time. I understand why you need to change your policy, reading your mail. Your reply has taken the edge off my anger, so thanks for that.

My KS backer number is 13297. The issue concerns the charging of my credit card in May, whilst the entire pledge had already been paid in January.

Again, thanks for reaching out.
Regards, Erwin

Sorry on the anger and glad to know my reply helps. If there is any further concern, please PM me and I will handle. I try to reply my PM with 48 hours time, but sometimes getting into slow response when traveling.
Hi, haven't heard back from the support guys about the credit card charge. Could you please give them a nudge?

Regards, Erwin van Beem

Exclamation 
Hi all,

Despite the latest uplifting words from Pine64, it has been almost a month since I asked for an update on the double charge on my my credit card and any news about the shipment of the playbox, zwave module and battery. It has been dead quiet and I'm slowly slipping back into my previous unhappy state.

None of my queries have been answered to my satisfaction: 
  • the shipment issues I raised the end of july 2016 are still there and I haven't received anything after the initial incomplete shipment, not even a satisfactory planned shipment date. My backer number is not in any of the resend, refuse or stall-lists. I planned to use the Pine64 on a remote location to partially control a Zwave environment, so missing out on these parts is stalling my development project;
  • the credit card booking question from mid july 2016 still hasn't been answered by the Pine64 support staff. In the meantime, my credit card company has done their work and gave me back the amount that Pine64 was not entitled to have charged. I raised the issue in this forum, with the credit card company and through Pine64 support staff. Even Tl Lim said he chipped in, but all remained quiet, except for the kind folks at the credit card company. The response on this issue from the forum moderator still annoys me.

If I get no serious reply from Pine64 within the next day or so, I will have no other choice than to start a second challenge of the credit card charge of my pledge for the missing items, since I will have lost all belief in receiving anything from Pine. Secondly, I will have to ask Kickstarter to look into this project. Again: people at Pine64, you are running a business, not an out-of-control hobby.

Regards.
(08-23-2016, 03:39 AM)EvanBeem Wrote: If I get no serious reply from Pine64 within the next day or so, I will have no other choice than to start a second challenge of the credit card charge of my pledge for the missing items, since I will have lost all belief in receiving anything from Pine. Secondly, I will have to ask Kickstarter to look into this project. Again: people at Pine64, you are running a business, not an out-of-control hobby.

You need to do what you must, of course.  Frankly, I'm surprised that you have not moved forward with your threat at this point. Its always better to take appropriate action; not so much to threaten action, but in the final analysis you are the one in control and your personal satisfaction is important.

My card was charged very early on;  and I waited just like everyone else, and I too had missing parts and final resolution did not occur for several months-- that is what I expect from 'kick-starter' (in fact some of them have been way worse than Pine) and when I invest in a 'start-up' its because I wish them well, want them to have my money to proceed with their venture, and not because I am purchasing a product. 

My reward for spending my money, and waiting, is that I now have the honor of being a beta tester and a participant in a very cool community of hackers and hobbyists, and engineers, and amateur radio operators, and other fine people...  its been a fun ride and the wait has been worth every penny I spent, and every minute that I waited.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(08-23-2016, 04:13 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 03:39 AM)EvanBeem Wrote: If I get no serious reply from Pine64 within the next day or so, I will have no other choice than to start a second challenge of the credit card charge of my pledge for the missing items, since I will have lost all belief in receiving anything from Pine. Secondly, I will have to ask Kickstarter to look into this project. Again: people at Pine64, you are running a business, not an out-of-control hobby.

You need to do what you must, of course.  Frankly, I'm surprised that you have not moved forward with your threat at this point. Its always better to take appropriate action; not so much to threaten action, but in the final analysis you are the one in control and your personal satisfaction is important.

My card was charged very early on;  and I waited just like everyone else, and I too had missing parts and final resolution did not occur for several months-- that is what I expect from 'kick-starter' (in fact some of them have been way worse than Pine) and when I invest in a 'start-up' its because I wish them well, want them to have my money to proceed with their venture, and not because I am purchasing a product. 

My reward for spending my money, and waiting, is that I now have the honor of being a beta tester and a participant in a very cool community of hackers and hobbyists, and engineers, and amateur radio operators, and other fine people...  its been a fun ride and the wait has been worth every penny I spent, and every minute that I waited.
Well Mark, from my post, you could have seen I have taken action. More than once. 
This is the first time I make an actual threat to cancel part of my order, because no news or responses are coming in. 
Except from you, that is.

I will try to make the issues more clear to you:

First: My card was charged twice, instead of once. I asked Pine to correct that. Pine staff have not responded to my questions about that. That is not the way they should have behaved. It is not my job to correct that for them; they should have done that themselves. Your reaction earlier, that that was all normal and to be expected, made me feel even more uncomfortable.

Second: I understand that there has been a delay in making or shipping all three missing components. The ABS molds are fine, now, so what is the holdup in setting up a production plan and actually deliver them? The issue with shipping the batteries is resolved, so when can I have mine? What is the situation with the development of the Zwave modules? I have not received any answers to those questions and neither have the rest of the people that have asked these questions. 

Third: Part of being a Kickstarter startup is being in close contact with your backers to tell them what is happening. That is actually the thrill of backing: to be involved in an adventure. That ends when communication takes the form of admonishing, shushing and not actually answering honest questions. Yes, things may and will go wrong, but correcting and learning from it and communicating about that process is also part of the Kickstarter process. 

So there you have it. Just be honest and communicative, without the admonishing remarks, and give some real answers for a change.
I can honestly answer part of your query. I had communication from TL Lim directly, and he told me that the z-wave modules have been tested to 25M; however, the modules came from the vendor without programming (that's a nightmare for him, I'm sure). 

So, the shipping is delayed while they (whoever that is, it might be just TL Lim by himself, in the middle of the night, programming those little beasts by himself by hand!) (I don't know)  until they are programmed and tested. Not everyone will receive their z-wave modules at the same time.  TL Lim asked me if I wanted one... I told him thanks, but no, not until everyone else gets theirs first!  i don't need it that badly.  I know in my heart of hearts that this is all going to be good. I don't know what else to say.  It will all be good, you will see...
marcushh777    Cool

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
I did not order one of these, but I'm curious, what is the plan moving forward? Will the vendor continue to supply the modules without programming, so that every time someone orders one from the store, Pine needs to program them by hand? Or has the situation been fixed with the vendor so that any new modules they supply come pre-programmed? I would think that's the ideal situation, and if they won't program them, look for another vendor. If the vendor will supply them with programming, then order up another batch, and start shipping those, if it will be faster than hand programming the original unprogrammed batch.
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA
(08-23-2016, 05:28 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  TL Lim asked me if I wanted one... I told him thanks, but no, not until everyone else gets theirs first!  

I'm curious, do you have an open order for z-wave modules? Or was TL offering you one in advance of others getting theirs?
(08-23-2016, 04:48 PM)DonFL Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 05:28 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  TL Lim asked me if I wanted one... I told him thanks, but no, not until everyone else gets theirs first!  

I'm curious, do you have an open order for z-wave modules? Or was TL offering you one in advance of others getting theirs?

I'm a tester; 

... TL Lim sends me stuff to test ... I give him feed-back.  This was at the point where their test was 25 m and he wanted me to test one too, to see what I thought and to find out if my results matched their results. I've tested a lot of different things for TL Lim, but not the z-wave, yet. I can wait. It was at the same time that he shared that the shipping was delayed substantially because the z-wave modules came without their programming-- I assume without the firmware that essentially makes them a Z-Wave...  so, I've not actually seen this little puppy.

I know he wants it to be right, and I know he's perturbed that the units were missing their programming.  And, I can't actually say HOW they have decided to fix this... maybe they're waiting on a new shipment of units WITH programming... I just don't know that at this moment.
marcushh777    Cool

Hi Mark, you do realize that even you, forum moderator and in close relationship with Pine64, are completely in the dark with us? That doesn't trouble you?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Didn't receive phone, no response from Pine64 at all rn43x 8 9,554 09-11-2021, 01:29 PM
Last Post: hacker
  New to Pine64: should I have expected a tracking number by now? Indieshack 2 5,018 06-19-2020, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Indieshack
  Pine64 sales are useless panoflex 1 3,798 09-22-2016, 06:06 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Pine64 2gb + stuff for sale or trade Caleb420 0 2,435 09-22-2016, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Caleb420
  Not Received Any Pine64 maheshsutariya 16 21,022 09-14-2016, 06:15 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PINE64 ABS Playbox Enclosure be available for sale in the shop danlcarr 3 5,769 08-31-2016, 09:28 PM
Last Post: clocey
  Pine64 FS or Trade? birdcatx7 6 9,200 08-29-2016, 01:53 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
Exclamation Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! shockr 261 269,791 07-27-2016, 12:48 AM
Last Post: vinodmenon80
  Is there an alternative email other than shipping@pine64.com Fusion_3.64 5 8,521 07-25-2016, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Fusion_3.64
Thumbs Down No information, no update, no reply/respond. Nothing.. iPhyse 37 43,483 06-30-2016, 08:19 PM
Last Post: vinodmenon80