Phosh Updating - Battery Charge Indicator - Jittery Settings - Display Usability
Hi,

Have Manjaro Phosh Beta 30 installed on PPP (with keyboard). Overall, works pretty good.

Have a few issues I would appreciate input on.

1. Phosh Updating

I see there is now Phosh Beta 32 available.

Do I need to update via new image file or can it be done using Pacman or ?

If can be done either way, is there advantage to doing it one way or the other?

2. Battery Charge Indicator

I use Keyboard unit with the PPP, what percentage  should I see next to battery icon? (100% or 200%)

3. Jittery Display - Settings

Most of the time, the display looks OK. However, when I try to change the display settings, the settings window is very jittery (jumpy looking). As a result, I can not change the display settings!

I have similar issue with changing setting preferences in Firefox browser and think it happened in some other situations.

Any way to fix thing this? This is a big problem in usability of PPP.

4. Display Usability

In some situations there is too much space above and below a window or app. This is really impacts usability of display when you use PPP with Keyboard and display is in landscape orientation.

Any ways to improve this?

Thank you for any and all input.

Mark
(05-26-2023, 10:29 AM)ArchiMark Wrote: Hi,

Hi and welmoce!

Manjaro is "rolling release" so you can just upgrade and you are up to date to latest release.
Why to upgrade instead of flashing new image?
You might have some login details or configurations and you want to keep them - then just upgrade. If you broke your system with your own configs then it might be good idea to reflash with new image.

Question two - I am not sure because I don't like the keyboard and thats why I don't use it but if it helps last time I tried battery indicator setups were not ready.

With Firefox you can play with these settings:
Install or remove mobile-config-firefox
Use phosh-mobile-settings to toggle Firefox scale-to-fit on or off.

What display settings are you trying to change?

4. Display Usability
If you mean those black things in Phosh (quick settings menu and slide up/keyboard thing) only easy way to scale those down is to scale display down (which will scale down also everything else)

Hope this helps. Have fun and remember to use search function in forum Smile
PPP is also very very difficult to brick so my personal advice is to try and learn - and reflash if it breakes.
(05-27-2023, 07:45 AM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 10:29 AM)ArchiMark Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the welcome and all your very helpful input and explanations!

Regarding 3. Jittery Display Settings. I was referring the screen in Display Settings where you can set the display scale 100%, 125%, 150%, etc. When I went to this setting the screen started being jittery, kind of pulsating visually, hard to describe in words. When I tried to change the scale %, it would not register due to the jittery display.

I turned off a setting in Accessibility and then went back to Display Setting and Voila! no more jittery display! So, there's a bug somewhere, but at least I fixed it for now.

Will remember to use the search function.....

Thanks again for your help!

Mark

Hi and welmoce!

Manjaro is "rolling release" so you can just upgrade and you are up to date to latest release.
Why to upgrade instead of flashing new image?
You might have some login details or configurations and you want to keep them - then just upgrade. If you broke your system with your own configs then it might be good idea to reflash with new image.

Question two - I am not sure because I don't like the keyboard and thats why I don't use it but if it helps last time I tried battery indicator setups were not ready.

With Firefox you can play with these settings:
Install or remove mobile-config-firefox
Use phosh-mobile-settings to toggle Firefox scale-to-fit on or off.

What display settings are you trying to change?

4. Display Usability
If you mean those black things in Phosh (quick settings menu and slide up/keyboard thing) only easy way to scale those down is to scale display down (which will scale down also everything else)

Hope this helps. Have fun and remember to use search function in forum Smile
PPP is also very very difficult to brick so my personal advice is to try and learn - and reflash if it breakes.
You can also try Angelfish if you want a more mobile-friendly browser than Firefox. (Keep in mind that the Firefox that is available for the PinePhone and PinePhone Pro is the desktop version.)
Thank you for your suggestion and explanation.

Will check out Angelfish....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Command lines to remove the Phosh UI dorkydev 1 251 02-12-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: nekonosuke
  The Mobian Phosh Experience mburns 1 797 11-18-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  "failed to start simple desktop display manager" PinePhonePro / Plasma Beta15 RC4 OhMeadhbh 1 580 11-09-2023, 07:39 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Mobian Phosh Gnome Software Is Recommending A Broken Update. mburns 0 547 10-14-2023, 11:57 AM
  Battery life thread: discussion, support and tips apink 6 1,831 09-22-2023, 02:37 PM
Last Post: tookmeayear
Sad Couple of problems updating Ctrl_Amiga_1070 12 2,367 08-19-2023, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Ctrl_Amiga_1070
  The Phosh Web app vs Angelfish mburns 0 612 06-19-2023, 11:57 AM
  Manjaro Phosh - Tiny Blue Indicator Light - Blinking ArchiMark 2 874 06-11-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: ArchiMark
  How do I tell Phosh that my app is mobile friendly? Barugon 5 1,519 06-05-2023, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Barugon
  [Mobian] : Battery consumption and OS compatibility freelectro 2 1,004 06-02-2023, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal