New Pinebook pro won’t boot
I’ve searched the forums but haven’t found any answers to my problem I received my PBP yesterday before work I decided to setup the laptop and update it everything was going smooth and I was generally happy with my purchase I started the update command it said something about outdated keys I updated those continued with the update and rebooted the device (all through the terminal) after that it hung on the restart screen for a moment then restarted it flashed the boot up screen for Manjaro with the loading symbol and then went blank after about 5 or so minutes I held the power button to force the device off and now I get a blank screen with everything EMMC/microsd/ and usb won’t even work my usb drive receives no power no matter the usb port I use (mine has a power indicator so I can tell if it’s in use or not) so I’m stuck I have no idea what to do the power light on PBP is solid green just no activity on the screen whatsoever do I need to disable my EMMC or mess with the SPI? Any help is appreciated thank you!
I'm slightly surprised you couldn't find anything because this is terribly common.

You'll have to create a bootable SD card with the operating system of your choosing.   Then, disable your eMMC, boot to the SD card, re-enable the eMMC, wipe it, and install new OS.

Recommend opening the PBP 90° and hang the display over the end of a table to do the eMMC disable/re-enable process.  Either assemble the bottom, or only pick up the PBP by the display half when it's disassembled.  Handling it by the keyboard half with the bottom cover removed will surely cause damage.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
(03-25-2023, 12:04 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: I'm slightly surprised you couldn't find anything because this is terribly common.

You'll have to create a bootable SD card with the operating system of your choosing.   Then, disable your eMMC, boot to the SD card, re-enable the eMMC, wipe it, and install new OS.

Recommend opening the PBP 90° and hang the display over the end of a table to do the eMMC disable/re-enable process.  Either assemble the bottom, or only pick up the PBP by the display half when it's disassembled.  Handling it by the keyboard half with the bottom cover removed will surely cause damage.

thank you for the prompt reply i was able to get the PBP to work again but just repeating the steps with different sd cards using different flashers what ended up working was when i used my raspberrypi 4 and flashed manjaro using raspberry pi imager now im running off the emmc after using the manjaro flashing tool.
Quote:I'm slightly surprised you couldn't find anything because this is terribly common.

I've made a huge mistake.
(06-13-2023, 04:39 PM)johnboiles Wrote:
Quote:I'm slightly surprised you couldn't find anything because this is terribly common.

I've made a huge mistake.

Well, it's not you, it's Manjaru, unfortunately.  But since @Generaltuxenburg was able to recover without opening the PBP, you should be able to, too, hopefully.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,909 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 302 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 238 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 229 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 167 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 554 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 621 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  uboot wont boot to SD card after upgrade jbradley419 7 630 01-19-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Video Flashing/adjusting on boot and reboot jbradley419 0 233 01-16-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: jbradley419
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,232 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786