Why do mouse, keyboard and HDMI not work with 3.th party usb-c adapters?
According to this video, different usb-c adapter work with the PinePhone pro, keyboard, mouse and HDMI:

https://youtu.be/NrOwj2JVlBU

Liliputing wrote on 10/23/2020 PostmarketOS brings HDMI update. But we tested 3 usb-c adapters with the Pinephone, all where usb-c  and powered, but mouse, keyboard and HDMI did not work with none of them. What could be wrong?
Do you have Pinephone or Pinephone Pro? That videos is about Pinephone Pro.

AFAIK most (aka. I have tried like 15 different hubs and maybe one did not work) hubs will work with both PP and PPP.
With some hubs you need to try USB-C in both ways and it might not work with "upside down".
Of course you might have three not working hubs but thats bad luck Sad

Pinephone and external display is not great experience if you actually need to do something - more like a proof of concept imo.
I think it still should work out of the box as long as you have reasonable new OS flashed to PP (arch, manjaro, mobian, pmos - should work)
It might also help to turn modem off while using external display - at least I have annoying screen flickering with modem on (and especially when modem is on and using 4G)

With PPP external display etc. is really cool and I can compare it easily to old cheap laptop.
(03-21-2023, 11:37 AM)Peter Gamma Wrote: According to this video, different usb-c adapter work with the PinePhone pro, keyboard, mouse and HDMI:

https://youtu.be/NrOwj2JVlBU

Liliputing wrote on 10/23/2020 PostmarketOS brings HDMI update. But we tested 3 usb-c adapters with the Pinephone, all where usb-c powered, but mouse, keyboard and HDMI did not work with none of them. What could be wrong?

Do you have an old hardware revision, such as UBports CE or Braveheart Edition by any chance?
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I ve got a PinePhone, it is a new one, and I have installed PostmarketOS on it. I may be try later on to do some more experiments with adapters, turning it around, etc. I have read some other had bad luck with the official adapter, and good luck with 3.th adapters, but it was one for 100 USD. If I could get to work one of those would really be great, because shipping of Pine64 accessoires to Switzerland is expensive.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  keyboard case charging but not typing new2pinephone 18 5,207 02-19-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: theResonant
  Keyboard doesn't charge my phone no matter what, so can I charge my phone directly ragreenburg 3 5,462 01-14-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: acid andy
  I've added an I2C connector to the PP keyboard eugenr 0 359 11-26-2023, 07:24 AM
Last Post: eugenr
  Update the PinePhone keyboard driver to support missing characters? Peter Gamma 8 7,901 10-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  key repeat with pinephone keyboard rotwang 0 392 10-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: rotwang
Exclamation USB mouse isn't working when a PP keyboard is attached? mikeb 3 1,109 10-21-2023, 08:21 PM
  Pinephone with mini keyboard, trackpad and large power bank? Peter Gamma 0 447 10-21-2023, 07:50 AM
  Which mini keyboard and mouse to choose for the PP? Peter Gamma 0 561 10-21-2023, 02:55 AM
  Use the Linux Console with the PinePhone Keyboard mburns 2 902 10-20-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: mburns
  How to disassemble Keyboard top and replace cables? elof 2 717 10-11-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: elof