Double charges of credit card
Hi,

I found out today that my creditcard has been charged twice for my pledge. That made me more than a bit angry Angry , because it came on top of having to wait months longer than expected AND having to pay an additional customs charge of about 1/3rd of the pledge amount (another $34).

First time was when I submitted the pledge in january for the full amount by Pine64.com ($104)
Second time was when I received my shipping notice and tracking number. That time it was charged by backerkit for only the items that were sent (all but the Zwave module) ($70).

AFAIK, I only gave Kickstarter the GO for charging my card, so how can it happen that Backerkit can charge my card again and for no reason?

Can any of you confirm this has happened before?
Any luck getting that money back?

Regards.
hi EvanBeem, sorry for your frustration; double charging on credit cards is a fairly common, albeit annoying, human error which can usually be handled quickly and efficiently through the credit card company. This forum is probably not the best place to resolve the issue.

I have been double charged by airlines, hotels, rental car companies, and restaurants; a quick call to the credit card company will reverse the charges while they investigate the details. Its usually painless and will get the quickest result.

Have you received everything you ordered?

marcushh777
Hi, so far I haven't received anything, but the shipment appears to be in the customs depot of our local delivery company. It has been sitting there for a week now, so I expect it to be on it's way soon.

Thanks for your advice on the charging, as this is a first for me and not being sure about who to address. 
I contacted the credit card company and they asked me to take up the matter with Pine64 first.
If they fail to respond or refund in 7 days, then the credit card company will take action.

I have allready done that, so i'll just have to wait for it.

Have a nice day!
Well, here is a short update: no response from Pine64 so far, but the package was delivered.....partly. As expected: missing enclosure, missing zwave module and missing lithium polymer battery. Man, this is going to be a long process.......

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Activating pinephone kde with att sim card Vandal187UM 1 3,223 03-15-2021, 03:56 PM
Last Post: RTP
Question Taxes and import charges to the Netherlands kramer65 2 4,329 08-04-2020, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Zaat
  Asked for the missing SD card Quiptix 2 4,446 08-28-2016, 07:15 PM
Last Post: pfeerick