PineNote is Out of stock.
Sad 
How and When will I be able to order the PineBook?
Same question from me. I have been visiting the webshop regularly since months, hoping that it will show up, and reading the blog posts too, without finding any clues...

Is it expected to have a new PineNote batch on sale? Or is it a thing of the past?
I'm in the same boat actually

a colleage showed me his PineNote and ever since I've been regulrary checking the store page for new stock
no luck so far....

so if anyone has any information about pinenote stock or a new run I'd be very interested
(01-06-2023, 12:18 PM)henkery Wrote: I'm in the same boat actually

a colleage showed me his PineNote and ever since I've been regulrary checking the store page for new stock
no luck so far....

so if anyone has any information about pinenote stock or a new run I'd be very interested

The PineNote isn't produced until the software state of an OS which the factory can pre-flash matured. From the Q&A:

"Due to very low and slow PineNote sales, the PineNote will only consider to produce again after stable and end user ready Linux OS build that can be used as PineNote default OS build becomes available."
(01-06-2023, 02:11 PM)fxc Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 12:18 PM)henkery Wrote: I'm in the same boat actually

no luck so far....

The PineNote isn't produced until the software state of an OS which the factory can pre-flash matured. From the Q&A:

"Due to very low and slow PineNote sales, the PineNote will only consider to produce again after stable and end user ready Linux OS build that can be used as PineNote default OS build becomes available."
Thanks for this reply, I couldn't find this before

I guess I'll just have to wait then
(01-06-2023, 02:11 PM)fxc Wrote: The PineNote isn't produced until the software state of an OS which the factory can pre-flash matured. From the Q&A:

Where can I find that Q&A?

How can I contribute to get Debian in a state so it can be used on the PineNote?
(01-07-2023, 02:31 PM)diederik Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 02:11 PM)fxc Wrote: The PineNote isn't produced until the software state of an OS which the factory can pre-flash matured. From the Q&A:

How can I contribute to get Debian in a state so it can be used on the PineNote?

It was probably in this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yzfyjIz5g0

Contributions can be discussed in the community chat, I personally don't know about the specifics-> https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/Main_Page#Chat_Platforms
If it would have had an SD card slot for replaceable external storage, this would have been an immediate purchase once i was initially granted a coupon back then. For any new batch this should be a serious consideration. Guess i am not the only one who doesn't want to spend any money on devices without external storage options. An added plus would be boot capabaility via SD card.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & Pinephone (Braveheart)
(01-08-2023, 05:09 PM)vajak Wrote: If it would have had an SD card slot for replaceable external storage...
For any new batch this should be a serious consideration.
An added plus would be boot capabaility via SD card.

+1 on reconsidering SD card support

My 3 reasons:
- Extra storage for the device
- Multi boot and recovery options
- Easy/extra way to transfer files from/to the PineNote
(01-07-2023, 07:32 PM)fxc Wrote:
(01-07-2023, 02:31 PM)diederik Wrote:

It was probably in this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yzfyjIz5g0

Contributions can be discussed in the community chat, I personally don't know about the specifics-> https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/Main_Page#Chat_Platforms

So the announcement that the PineNote is out of production was made on youtube?

How much of the slow development is due to a lack of developers and how will more developers join in the development without access to PineNotes?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current status of pinenote development vajak 1 1,023 02-23-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Dahrun
  Who is the target audience of the PineNote pinesucker 5 4,003 11-23-2023, 05:57 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  Terminal program (RS232/USB) on PineNote? roman 0 1,014 08-19-2022, 02:41 AM
Last Post: roman
  What sort of peripherals would you like to see for the PineNote? Internal 3g/5g modem ChriChri 27 22,578 07-15-2022, 12:02 AM
Last Post: markifi
  e-paper pinephone? smaller screen pinenote? ideograph 6 7,876 09-20-2021, 03:05 PM
Last Post: darnel
  Pine64 Announces The PineNote - A New Linux Powered E-Ink Tablet! ImmyChan 0 2,333 08-16-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: ImmyChan