I cannot call or receive calls
I have a problem with calls and I would like you to help me to solve it. Thanks in advance.
When I call from my mobile to another device, the call hangs up, directly. And when they call me, the call is busy all the time, although I have mobile data and receive SMS.
I use pinephone with postmarketos, but it has also happened to me with manjaro.
I don't know where the problem may lie...
(09-09-2022, 05:16 AM)aka0kuro Wrote: I have a problem with calls and I would like you to help me to solve it. Thanks in advance.
When I call from my mobile to another device, the call hangs up, directly. And when they call me, the call is busy all the time, although I have mobile data and receive SMS.

Try switching to 3G. I had a problem with calling when automatic mode was on but when I switched to 3G a phone wasn't hanging up when making phone calls.
(09-30-2022, 04:48 PM)oliwierzgorniak Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 05:16 AM)aka0kuro Wrote: I have a problem with calls and I would like you to help me to solve it. Thanks in advance.

Try switching to 3G. I had a problem with calling when automatic mode was on but when I switched to 3G a phone wasn't hanging up when making phone calls.

Thank you very much, the solution helped me. I had been without my cell phone all this time. Eternally grateful
How do you switch to 3G? I'm having exactly the same problem to a T. It happened to me on manjaro as well. When I set allowed modes in mmcli to only 3G It will not connect. When setting preferred modes it says setting preferred mode requires list of allowed modes. I don't get it. I currently have allowed modes set to ANY.
(10-02-2022, 09:06 PM)insidetrip101 Wrote: How do you switch to 3G? I'm having exactly the same problem to a T. It happened to me on manjaro as well. When I set allowed modes in mmcli to only 3G It will not connect. When setting preferred modes it says setting preferred mode requires list of allowed modes. I don't get it. I currently have allowed modes set to ANY.

I had mobian and it worked for me smoothly.
This seems to have worked for me too (Mobian: Settings -> Mobile Network -> Network Mode -> "2G, 3G (Preferred)"), but it doesn't seem like a good solution: 3G is being phased out in most places. My signal indicator doesn't even say 3G, but 2G.

Is anyone working on calls on the Pinephone? Does anyone have calls working consistently without downgrading to 2G/3G?
(01-13-2023, 03:46 PM)amindfv Wrote: This seems to have worked for me too (Mobian: Settings -> Mobile Network -> Network Mode -> "2G, 3G (Preferred)"), but it doesn't seem like a good solution: 3G is being phased out in most places. My signal indicator doesn't even say 3G, but 2G.

Is anyone working on calls on the Pinephone? Does anyone have calls working consistently without downgrading to 2G/3G?

This depends on your carrier.

I have tried 3 different carriers and VoLTE is working with them all.
VoLTE was working for me all the time but other things was not so I did upgrade modem to Biktorgs one:
https://github.com/the-modem-distro/pinephone_modem_sdk

For me Biktorgjs modem firmware is more reliable and more battery efficient.
Don't flash it if you don't have any glue what you are doing.
But do flash it if you have some kind of idea - it is better Smile.
And please read recommended settings and ADSP parts and other instructions before flashing (and after if you have questions)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No calls in or out on beta IsaiahSp 0 573 09-28-2023, 10:44 PM
Last Post: IsaiahSp
  No calls on Pine Phone Beta convergence edition polypode 1 1,108 03-06-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity
Question calls and voice mail blocked optimus 6 3,516 02-24-2022, 06:07 PM
Last Post: optimus
  Any UK Pinephone users making telephone calls? GrapeJuice 4 2,985 01-24-2022, 04:37 PM
Last Post: dukla2000
  PWM whine near earpiece in low signal phone call and loud sound sent to the other end vortex 29 25,495 01-14-2022, 11:00 AM
Last Post: eugenr
  Power consumption during the call some_pinephone_user 0 1,096 10-29-2021, 06:03 AM
Last Post: some_pinephone_user
  New screen, now cant make calls bug1 2 2,819 03-15-2021, 02:02 AM
Last Post: bug1
  Low Volume Making Calls (Ubuntu Touch) PineFuture 3 3,828 08-04-2020, 11:47 AM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity